aussie

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Maclehose 11 yrs ago
Thinking of moving to /buying in clearwater bay. Any advice on how best to find a reputable and knowledgeable agent who can show me around the area and suitable properties.

Any other general advice re buying a village house appreciated.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
HKLEV 11 yrs ago
That question has a very long answer, too long for one thread almost. Both in terms of how to look and what to buy. Also depends on your budget. There are many pitfalls to consider(building quality, land ownership, new build obstructing views, barking dogs, village community, unauthorised building works, car parking,etc, etc) especially if buying, so do your research, talk to a lot of people and take your time looking. Dont stick with one agent, but ask several to take you round as they generally have different houses. If you want a reccomendation, I have had consistently good experience with Tony Chan from Eastmount. Would also reccomend you rent in the area for a while before committing to buying. Especially with the new government taxes and lack of liquidity, if you get it wrong the exit is non-existent or painful.

Maclehose 11 yrs ago
That all makes sense and I agree there are a number of potentially difficult issues. My husband has PR so that helps with they recent changes. Our kids are at the Aussie school so as long as the location made it easy to get to the mtr CWB could work well. Thanks for the info on agents.

The major issue is we have 4 kids three of whom are at serious study stage so bedrooms could be an issue although 2 could share for a while. Other issue is we ideally need 3 bathrooms. It looks as if the usual square footage is 2100 so our requirements might make it tight. budget....up to 30 million.

Many thanks again

OffThePeak 11 yrs ago
I recommend that you do some searching yourself on the web. It is worth getting familiar with the Centaline website (for instance) and seeing what properties are available in the area that interest you (CWB?)

This way, you will be more knowledgeable when you talk to agents, and may see through their sales talk more easily.

CWB strikes me as a very crowded area, so you may want to investigate one or two alternatives, before buying there. Certainly, your stated budget will give you some useful flexibility, since it is far from an "impossible number."

evildeeds 11 yrs ago
Clearwater Bay is a very crowded area?! Really.......?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad