Commission for property Agents

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by alexander5 11 yrs ago
Hi,

I m renting a commercial office and my question is when is usually commission paid to the property agent.

The formal tenancy agreement has gone to HKG government for Stamping which will take about two weeks to come.

The property agent is demanding commission, as all other work is finished. Whether she should be paid after the agreement is recd or if paid before, is there any issue?

Pls advice?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 11 yrs ago
If you were the agent, I'm sure you would want your commission paid earlier too. What's holding you from paying anyway? The service has been given, you could pay at anytime.

traineeinvestor 11 yrs ago
Punter is right. Once the formal agreement is signed, the agent is entitled to their commission.

Lucane01 11 yrs ago
You should have a contract with your agent which specifies when payment must be made. For my office I believe I paid only a few days after we signed with our landlord.

alexander5 11 yrs ago
I am confused; the agreement has been signed, but is not yet received. It has gone to HKG court for stamping.

Please advice

Lucane01 11 yrs ago
The deal has been done. We all went through the same process when renting - you sign the contract and make all payments and then the stamped contract is returned by the government via mail a few weeks later.

Pay your agent today.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad