Miranella vs. Larvotto

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Warepeace 10 yrs ago
Hi All,

We're new to HK and close to finding a flat. We have three boys aged 8, 6 and 3. Does anyone who lives in Miranella or Larvotto have any suggestions on which would be better for 3 active boys and a family that loves to get outside and enjoy life? We've seen both, our school's bus only goes to Larvotto.

Many thanks!!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
OffThePeak 10 yrs ago
Pretty similar, I would have thought.

Have you considered other choices?

(Where is the school?)

Warepeace 10 yrs ago
I think I'm mostly asking about the community of people who live there. Larvotto feels a little harder to get to/from and being isolated on an island, Marinella feels right but the ESF Kennedy bus doesn't go there. We've looked at dozens of places and right now these are the best options.

OffThePeak 10 yrs ago
Okay.

Sorry, but I cannot help with any useful info on a decision between those two.

Perhaps someone else here can.

I suggest: Maybe try to spend some time there before you decide.

You ought be able to walk around outside each, and see which immediate neighborhood appeals most.

I have been to Sham Wan Towers twice, and though the area around "the island" was livable enough, but I do not know what you are looking for.

My opinion is too many expats stay within their estates, and do not explore their local areas nearly as much as they could do. Adventurous boys may want to do that, when they are not being chauffered around.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad