Investment opportunities?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by willie_will 10 yrs ago
I have worked in a nichie property developer in Hong Kong, have done houses, whole building block, part of big real estate developments, have good connections for renovation needs. i.e. workers, decorators, interior designers, vendors, highest ranked kitchen appliances, even all the way down to wallpapers. For administrative, property agents, lawyers, 2D designers, production house for marketing materials, PR etc. All these, I could get, even at below trade discount. However, I have no capital to work on. I am wondering where can I find funds / capital or someone who have spare money to invest in properties.

Let me know if your thoughts on these or if anyone could point me at the right directions.

Thanks all in advance.

Will.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
OffThePeak 10 yrs ago
What do you have in mind?

In theory, you could buy a rundown property, fix it up and resell it.

But that is nearly impossible with all the extra taxes now.

Even so, I saw someone do it, by purchasing a property for $3.1 Million, fixing it up, and reselling it at $4.1 Million.

Is that what you have in mind?

willie_will 10 yrs ago
Hi OffThePeak,

That's what I have in mind. However, I am sure with the right flat mix and from my pass experience, this could well be purchase for 3.1 and resell it at 5-6.

your thoughts?

Conte_Riccardo_III 10 yrs ago
It should be an A+ experience, not just a pass experience.

(joke)

OffThePeak 10 yrs ago
I think it would help to explain why you think someone would pay so much to give you such a large profit.

In my real life example, I identified the property for sale (with help from an agent), and saw that it was cheap. It was an industrial building priced at under $4,000 psf - but in poor condition.

Property is about location, location, location. And I know the location very well. A new residential property across the street from it was priced at $12,000 psf. My strong sens was that the gap was too big. The actual buyer saw that too, and was able to flip it for a $ 1 million profit, and after the big taxes he paid, and maybe $150k or so of renovation costs, he still had a handsome profit.

Talking vaguely about the big profits you mention is probably not going to win anyone over. It helps to discuss your ideas and suggestions with more detail. You may give away the general idea, not not necessarily the crucial detail

I have been willing to get very specific here.

As you can see from this thread: on TKT / Olympic:

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/hong-kong-property/threads/150218/the-olympic-station-tkt-thread/

As an example, my partner bought a flat at $2.7 million one year ago, and it is now rented at $9,500 monthly. That's a gross yield of: 4.22%

The bank valuation is now in excess of $3.0 million

OffThePeak 10 yrs ago
Here are some ideas that may work well in the USA, but not necessarily in Hong Kong - because market conditions and taxes are very different in HK.

Still, it can help to stimulate some thought and discussion.

Thriving as a Real Estate Solutions Provider in Today's Economy - Lior Gantz Interview

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad