Bank loans for self employed?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by miffus 10 yrs ago
I've been self employed for the last 24 months. I was paying myself 30k a month for 12 months, then I sold my half of the business for around 500k about 6 months ago and have been living off that while earning maybe 10k a month from freelance projects etc. I don't have a problem finding freelance work and could make 30-50k a month on average, but I'm just taking it easy for now. And in my situation, no amount of freelance work is going to help me anyway as you will see further down.

I own one property which I bought a few years ago (well, it's under mortgage), have never missed a payment or anything. It has gone up in value from 2.3mil when I bought it to 4.4 mil now. The bank (HSBC) says I can borrow another 1.7mil based on the increased value of the property. I want to do this and combine my savings along with the 1.7mil and buy another property, but in Australia this time instead of HK (I'm a citizen there, so that part is easy).

The problem is, the bank wants to see my "proof of income", e.g. a letter from my "boss" and bank statement showing regular payroll payments.

It seems ridiculous, but as far as I can see, my only solution is to move money from my account and put it into a company account, then move it back into the same account a month at a time as a payroll salary for a few months, and write myself a letter saying I am paying myself x amount per month and have hired myself for x months (or get a friend to be the director and they write the letter, whatever).

Can anyone think of a better solution or have any other suggestions, or is this really what the banking system has become in HK?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Lcom2 10 yrs ago
Actually the bank can tell you how to do. Besides, please don't forget to check how much extra interest payment will increase. Since you are not going to have the same P rate as few years before.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad