Contractor companies with AP on staff for building sun room

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by kkreati 9 yrs ago
Looking for a contractor company with a AP on staff to design, get approval from BD, and build a legal sun room (glass house/room) on my terrace. Any recommendations for companies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Greene King 9 yrs ago
KKREATI,

An Authorised Person (AP) is not going to be a direct employee of a contractor however the contractor may decide to hire an AP on your behalf if the contractor also undertakes design. The contractor would need to be a ‘Registered Building Contractor’ (RGBC) to do the works; they will have their own ‘Authorised Signatory’ (AS) however there will still need to be an AP employed to deal directly with Buildings Department.

I am not saying that it will be impossible to build a legal glass house/room on your terrace however the biggest issue, other than structural design and loadings, is likely to be whether or not you have any ‘spare’ Gross Floor Area’ (GFA) which you can use – your terrace will create an additional enclosed area and every building has a designated GFA which cannot be exceeded. Applying for additional GFA if you have none spare is rather problematic to say the least! If you do not have a stand-alone dwelling and instead you live in an apartment block you will also complicate matters as the Building Management and other owners will come in to the issue for instance with who owns the spare GFA?

I would suggest that you may wish to consider hiring an AP directly (to look in to the feasibility of you being allowed to legally build on the terrace) before you hire a contractor.

Feel free to send me a personal message if you need the contact details of a potential AP, RGBC or designer.

awong922 9 yrs ago
Hi there !

Check out The Block design & renovation ! there very helpful. there contact number is 2555 2599

there based in mid-levels and sheung wan ! and they charge very very good rates.

man_ronald 9 yrs ago
Hi, KKREATI,

I am an Authorized Person and can assist you on this matter. Please drop me a message/contact no. at t53165586@gmail.com to ask for details.

kkreati 9 yrs ago
Thanks everyone!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad