First time buyer, purchasing in UK.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by miumiuchan 9 yrs ago
Hi everyone,

Really keen to hear some of your thoughts on my situation, and hoping that some of you can share some advice or your experiences.

I am a BBC and I have lived in HK for 10 years now. I am looking to purchase my first property in the UK, but as I have not been resident there for so long, I must purchase with an international mortgage from a local bank (this is what I've been told). I've been told that a UK mortgage would give me a better rate but as I no longer have a credit history there, I wont be eligible for one.

It's been suggested to me that I should open a bank account in the UK and show some activity. This way, I might be offered a UK mortgage when I go back to visit the banks. Any comments on this? Or any other suggestions that may help me get a mortgage from a UK bank?

If not, does anyone have any experience with getting an international mortgage from a HK bank? Perhaps you can share the deal that you got so that I can make a comparison. Also, what would be the down payment if purchasing overseas?

As mentioned, this will be my first purchase and I'm already quite overwhelmed from all the research I've had to do. Pls keep it simple for me! :P

Many thanks!!

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad