Sai Kung

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by STK 15 yrs ago
We are looking to move to Sai Kung from HK Island this summer and have noticed that most properties for rent are actually in villages outisde of the town. If im commuting to central are there villages that are better than others, can anyone recommend any? Also what is the commute like in general?

Thanks in advance.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
deliran 15 yrs ago
There are also many mini-buses to Mong Kok, Choi Hung and Hang Hau (all MTR stations). Sai Kung to Mong Kok takes around 30 min for me to get to work in the morning.

kneworld 15 yrs ago
Okay lets put it this I used to live in Wong Chuk Wan near the Sai Sha Road round-a-bout and commute weekly during working hours to Wan Chai. Waiting generally for the bus in front of the village about 10 minutes (a 30 minute walk into town), another 10 to 15 minute wait in the queue at the Hang Hau mini bus terminus (you can forget about trying to catch on further up the Hirams Hiighway because they are allways full) to Hang Hau it takes at least 20 minutes with no traffic muck ups.

Add another 25 minutes on the push and shove MTR to my Wan Chai destination then it was another 5 minute walk to work. Lovely then I could repeat that home and for the rest of the week.

cd 15 yrs ago
If you're moving to Sai Kung, then would recommend a car, and use the Park and rides.

If you live no further than Ho chung, then the mini buses would work. Maybe look at Clearwater Bay, much less travelling time to central, choice of double deckers or mini buses to Choi hung or Hang Hau. Some very nice village houses around Mang Kung Uk, Ng Fai Tin etc.

STK 15 yrs ago
Thanks all, yes I might consider Clearwater Bay instead, it seems much easier

hksar1688 12 yrs ago
anyone need a ride share every morning between 6:30am to 7:00am from sai kung (town) or on the way to ICC ? please contact hksar1688@fastmail.fm, cost HK$50 one way. thanks

Kevy 11 yrs ago
I use to live in City Gardens, North Point and I now live in Mok Tse Che Village on Mok Tse Che Road off from New Hiram's Highway. I'm fortunate that each morning I have my dad to drop me off to Hang Hau MTR after dropping the kids off at Clearwater Bay. I have friends at Po Lo Che, Sai Kung whose helpers can drive them. I much prefer the Village lifestyle with the community, fresh air feel and weekends are great for reaching Sai Kung Town Centre for errands, brunches hikes or boat excursion.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad