Hong Kong’s Top Site for Executives | Hong Kong’s Leading Property Site | Hong Kong’s Best Classifieds
Hong Kong
Please select your city
Sunday, 12/21/2014

Disasterous shenzhen shopping trip.. please help!

POSTED BY Armadillo (7 yrs ago)
Please can someone help...

I went exploring last week on recommendations for this site, and I ended up not really finding what i was looking for...

I went to dong men because I read that it was like Luo wu but cheaper. I was looking for the fake designer handbags, and knock off designer clothes you can get in commerical city...but cheaper.. but i couldnt find anything like that at all. Obviously a lot of cheap clothes, but nothing of quality, or designer. Did I miss something???

I then went to Huanqian be, and again, couldnt find any bags, just tonnes of clothes, but again only one or two shops selling high end designer clothes (chloe, burberry, marc jacobs, dianne von fustenberg etc).

What I am looking for is somewhere that sells high end designer clothes and good quality fake designer handbags but not commercial city...Or is that the only place?

Many thanks to all
#1 POSTED BY blueyonder (7 yrs ago)
im looking for fake burberry sarongs if you find anywhere can you let me know cheers
#2 POSTED BY Armadillo (7 yrs ago)
i havent seen any, but ill let you know if i do...
#3 POSTED BY AdelaideMum (7 yrs ago)
If you get a copy of the Red Shenzen shopping guide by Ellen McNally it gives recommendations for where to go in Dongmen. I have seen buildings with lots of handbags etc like Lowu, but cheaper, in Dongmen. These were listed in her book - sorry can't remember names.
#4 POSTED BY Green Panda (7 yrs ago)
If you want to buy fake goods, then the best place is the Lo Wu border mall, they do not have it out on display. You need to ask for it... Any stores can help you as they all represent one big supplier in the area...

Huanqian be is for all surplus real designer goods at a reduced prices, and with that you need to go into warehouse buildings in the back streets. They are not found on the main strip....

#5 POSTED BY Armadillo (7 yrs ago)
thanks adelaide mum. I have her book, and went to the recomended malls but i only found real utter trash, so i am presuming i went wrong somewhere... how long ago did you see the good bag mall?
#6 POSTED BY mamadavid (7 yrs ago)
Hi Green Panda,

What are the Chinese characters for Huanqian be?
#7 POSTED BY Green Panda (7 yrs ago)
My chinese is bad, so not sure but I got you a MTR map for direction... It is 6th station from Lo Wu... Or 5 stops after lo wu...

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/shen/shenzhen.htm
#8 POSTED BY Armadillo (7 yrs ago)
mamadavid,

i took the mtr also to Huanquai be. it is really easy, to goto the fashion export market, so to the main road, (1st left after the station), walk about 5 mins untll you see a mcdonalds, starbucks and KFC on the left. Then down the side street is the market..
#9 POSTED BY annebin (7 yrs ago)
What items are you referring to when you say "surplus real designer goods", are these bags, clothes, shoes? Was it worth visiting?
#10 POSTED BY Armadillo (7 yrs ago)
mostly high street fashion.. but some stores carrying burberry, moschino, marc jacobs etc. no desigber bags or shoes..
#11 POSTED BY cara (7 yrs ago)
any larger sizes? or are they all made for chopsticks?
#12 POSTED BY XTC (7 yrs ago)
Hi

do you know where i can buy curtains and sofa upholstery in shenzen

Ash
#13 POSTED BY Green Panda (7 yrs ago)
Mostly surplus clothings
#14 POSTED BY ldsllvn (7 yrs ago)
as someone above said - the bags you see in the shops are rarely what you want - you have to say, no, I want A+ or the very best quality - and yes - you will be taken into the roof, or wall or whatever, but that is where the good stuff is... All good fun, but dont go alone, just in case...
#15 POSTED BY house101 (7 yrs ago)
Pine, what kind of price is the average for a bag from Kaye Kaye, average size leather - am planning a trip to shenzen soon.

Thanks
#16 POSTED BY kk11 (7 yrs ago)
yes, how much? I hate spending more than 350 hk on a fake bag even if good quality.
#17 POSTED BY Grape (7 yrs ago)
Yeap....Pine is right, if you want really good copies of handbags, go to Lowu Shopping Mall #4089. The rest are cheaper but easy to spot fakes...!

Hua Qiang Bei Lu (华强北路)is only good for electronics and computer stuffs.

Dong Men (东门) is cheap but beware beware beware of pickpockets....no joke !

My advice is.....just go for the DVDs, massage, and the excellent Si-Chuan food,

(try "Ba-Shu-Feng" in Ai-Guo-Lu, $20 by taxi) and forget the rest.

#18 POSTED BY mochigrrl (5 yrs ago)
Why buy fake when you can get the real designer brands with us? We are doing a 3-day bazaar sale for pre-owned designer fashion. We are starting as low as $100 up and most items are 90% off from retail price.

Date: Jun 4 - 6

Venue: 19th Floor, Vulcan House, 21- 23 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay (Opp to CCC, next to 7-11)

Opening hours: 11am - 8pm

Tel: 5127 0925

#19 POSTED BY julie888222 (3 yrs ago)
I have just returned from my shopping trip to Shenzhen.I always going to kyle shop everytime,very happy with the quality and the price .The styles are attractive and nicely displayed.If you ask for top, top quality you get a handbag which many people can’t tell from the original.There are different level of quality and sometimes you need to specify you are looking for the top quality otherwise what you buy may be cheap but not last too long.

I highly recommend you to visit kyle

Here'kyle address: Shop No.4283, 4th/F,luohu commercial city Shenzhen

Back to main category

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.