URGENT- Visa Shenzhen at border after 8th august

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ria 16 yrs ago
Please let me know if anyone got visa at lo wu border since 8th august? and if people without HK id cards can still get visa ?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
NZlawyergirl 16 yrs ago
I have not been up after 8 August but prior to 8 August, I was told by the visa office staff at the border that you can only get a visa at the border if you have a HK ID card. Also it may depend on the nationality of your passport as I think UK passports were not able to get visas at the border prior to the Olympics related change in policy.

sammy s 16 yrs ago
Can I ask if any Aussies with HKID have managed to get a visa at the border in the last few days?? Have planned overnight getaway with husband for tomorrow. Just managed to get him to check his visa and it expired on the 11th!! Of course!

Thanks.

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
"as I think UK passports were not able to get visas at the border prior to the Olympics related change in policy"

How many times has this been discussed? UK passport holders have always been able to get visa's at the border, it's US passport holders who have had problems, how comes this old chestnut keeps coming up? HK island old wives tales I think! Sheeesh!

Anyway no HK ID no visa regardless of nationality. You will need to apply through the China Foreign Ministry in HK as long as your passport is not on the list of 33 nationalities that need to apply in their home countries.

Ria 16 yrs ago
We have indian passports...My family doesnt have HK ID

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
Then unfortunately they will need to apply for visa's in their home country. India is on the list of 33 countries where it is impossible to get China visa's in HK. So only possible for them to do in India at this time.

sunnysarah 16 yrs ago
where can I find the list of 33 countries?

Is canada on the list?

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
The countries are: Afghanistan, Tunisia, Algeria, Bangladesh ,Congo, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Mali, Libya, South Africa, Morocco, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Malaysia, Philippines, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Nepal, Pakistan, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Turkey, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Syria

More info here: http://www.chinatravel.net/forum/New-China-Visa-Rules-Update-24-Changes-You-Need-to-Know-About/403.html and on many other sites if you use Google!

hyperhippo 16 yrs ago
I got a visa at the boarder today. NZ passport, HK ID and $150 seemed to do the trick. No one else there, so in and out in literally five minutes.

Mog77 16 yrs ago
We are planning to go up to Shenzhen with parents for the day. 2 of us have HKID and NZ passports. Parents have NZ passports only. Will they need to get a VISA from HK before getting to the border?? Want to figure out if we need to do anything, or just rock up??

wombat321 16 yrs ago
Don't go to Shenzen!! The experience still hurts even though we went in March. At the border we were charged twice as much as everybody else because we are British. Then to the shops. The sales people grab your arm as you are passing and the choice of goods tends to be repetitive. However we bought some nice kiddy clothes and some shirts- I enjoy the bargaining so up to now O.K. Then I went into a computer/photo shop and bargained for memory sticks(16Gb and 4Gb ) and an 8 Gb SD card for my camera. I took some pictures as a test and they were fine. However when back in HK it ran out after 15 pics. I had been conned badly. Everything seems O.K and my computer still believes the sizes as sold to me. Both memory sticks the same- will take very slight amounts of data. Very clever electronics have put these together but I am still seeting about it. So BEWARE. Indeed I don't think the cost of the visas can be recovered- so- DON'T GO.

Mog77 16 yrs ago
To get a visa at the Lo Wu border you need a HK ID, we tried yesterday with my parents and they got turned back, along with about 5-6 others who also did not have a HK ID. So if you want to go to Shenzhen you must get the visa from down town if you dont have the HK ID. As for us we have NZ passports with HK ID it is the usual $150 fee at the annoyingly quiet visa office. (All 6 staff there with nothing to do but turn away foreign visitors who want to spend money in their country, makes perfect sense to me???????).

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad