UK passport for Shenzen Visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by JITMAN 16 yrs ago
I hear that a visa bought in HK requires a hotel voucher and travel ticket. Given we still remain in Olympic season can the above get a visa at the border? And is still at $1100? Has any UK holder been in the last week?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
chillifontain 16 yrs ago
I am holding UK passport with HKID. Can I get a visa at the border?

Boof 16 yrs ago
NO! No no no no no no.... i went today.. and had to come all the way back! And have HKID and Aussie PP. Dont know what half these people are on about. Border visas were cancelled about 2 months ago.

Starbucks2 16 yrs ago
I went up a week ago with a NZ passport and a HKID card and got a visa at the Lo Wu border. $150 for the visa. I had to show my HKID card as was told that without a HKID card, no visa in Lo Wu - I would have to apply in HK.

I had thought that UK passports have not been able to get visas at the border for ages (ie: well before this Olympics malarky)

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
Jesus people do not read threads very well - or it seems to be a problem that NZ passport holders cannot seem to grasp.

UK passport holders have always been able to get visas at the SZ border and in fact still are if they have HKID cards. Please read other threads before making comments which are not helpful and are not based on fact.

Starbucks2 16 yrs ago
Evildeeds - first up - chill out we are discussing China visas not world politics! Secondly, there seems to further confusion (not just on this thread) as I have checked again with UK colleagues at work and none of them have been able to get a visa at Lo Wu even with a HKID card. The OP never said that they had a HKID card. Have you actually been up and got one at the border recently with a UK passport and HKID card to save the OP the hassle of being turned away at the border?

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
Starbucks, I went up with my friend on Sunday and he had no problems getting a visa at the border. UK passport and HKID. This has been the case and has been discussed on many other sites.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a visa at the border as you are restricted to such a small area in SZ but for day trippers suppose it's ok.

Mog77 16 yrs ago
Dead right evildeeds, no HK ID no visa at Lo Wu border, tried it yesterday with my parents (NZ passports) and got the big "No Cannot" . With HK ID and I guess nearly any other passport you should be ok.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad