FAKE PRICING AT WELL KNOWN SWIMWEAR STORE

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by juji 15 yrs ago
Beware!

A wellknown swimwear store on wyndham street is

posting fake prices. When I got to the counter with a couple of items they rang them up on the cash register and said sorry this is X hundred dollars more. I told them they should honor the price on the ticket and she called the manager on the phone who were laughing together and telling me to go make a complaint in a 'see if I care type way'

Is there any recourse for this at all?

They are posting signs that they are relocating

When I asked where to they said "I don't know, if you put your email and number down we will tell you.

Not sure if the whole thing is a complete scam but I would love so sort of honesty somewhere.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Starbucks2 15 yrs ago
I feel your frustration! I had this happen to me in a well known English chain store about a month ago. I am not sure how to attach a link to my thread but have tried below.

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/living-in-or-moving-to-hong-kong/threads/128072/store-falsely-advertising-price-complaints?/

If you can't access it that way - try a search on the "Living in HK" section for "false advertising" and you'll find it. The responses I got seem to indicate that there was not much that you could do if it was a true mistake. As it happened, I did get the store to agree to sell it to me at the price advertised. Guess that was because they were a well known chain. May not be the same for the store you were at. If it is the one I think it is, it is closing down its second store so likely won't be setting up elsewhere.

Starbucks2 15 yrs ago
You could try complaining to the other store. Or I found a complaint mechanism through the Consumer Council website.

sistim 15 yrs ago
Same thing happened to me in Mothercare- stood my ground & told them they had to sell at the price offered & they gave in, finally. But I suspect smaller stores may do it on purpose- I think Mothercare's may have been a mistake, but like I told them, it was THEIR mistake.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad