Rope for School Outdoor Education fun and games

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Catsader 15 yrs ago
Hi all,

I'm trying to find some rope. Sounds easy but I'm finding it so difficult to just by rope.

I want it for general use with kids in the outdoors eg.

Raft building, initiative exercises, team building games, tug of war...etc..

I've been told Wan Chi and Sham Shu Po - but dont want to go wandering for hours around these massive districts.

Can anyone narrow my search down for me?

Cheers

Cat

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ringo23 15 yrs ago
If you want 'normal' rope, go to Canton Rd, Shanghai St or Reclamation Rd in Yau Ma Tei or Mong Kok.

They tend to sell by weight rather than length so be warned. IF you shop around, you will probably find offcuts long enough for the job. Some shops will cut, others won't.

If you want CE rated rope for more extreme activities, drop me a PM and I can give you some addresses, although for the events you list, rated rope does not sound necessary.

Catsader 15 yrs ago
Thanks heaps. I was about to pound the streets aimlessly but now I have a little direction. Cheers.

Yes I agree I don't need rated rope. Even old climbing rope would do. You dont know where I could get my hands on that do you?

HKCat

Ringo23 15 yrs ago
I have some old climbing rope, rated and dynamic, that I could sell you if you wanted to avoid the trudge.

It's 60m long, 10.5mm thick and red...ish.

Pm if you're interested. It's in Sai Kung. I'll warn you now that it won't be as cheap as what you can get from the shops but then I wouldn't hang 50 stories up on a tatty bit of nylon from Mong Kok.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad