Good places to buy Crockery, Cutlery, Towels and Bedding

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mrjollyhk 15 yrs ago
Can anyone recommend places to go to buy:

Crockery - Looking for dinner sets

Cutlery

Towels and Bedding

in Shenzhen? I don't speak Chinese. Looked in Lo Wu centre and they don't have these items.

Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
WWcC 15 yrs ago
Phone up the YWCA, they do a trip 'outer limits' of Shenzhen and you can join and apparently there's lots of cutlery etc on offer on this trip at very low prices.

bakfaiyau 15 yrs ago
IKEA is the best value. Sogo has good stuff but pricey. Wing On is good quality but also not cheap. All these places are good for the things you need and I would start with Ikea.

In Shenzhen the best place for homewares is Yi Zhan Zhong Xin. (I think this is the Y's "outer limits" place but it is only called this because most people think the Lowu Commercial Centre on the border is Shenzhen. It is actually a city of 14 million people and the LCC is just one mall. Yi Zhan Zhong Xin is well inside the city area.It has some interesting design and good prices. Some things are hideous but some are great.)

If you don't speak Chinese you can use the taxi guide inside the new English map of Shenzhen (in HK Dymocks stores.) I would go via Lok Ma Chau as it is a comfortable modern border crossing and then get a taxi (show driver the pocket guide) to Yi Zhan Zhong Xin, also known as Dragon Store. For value for money, I would get basics at Ikea and some special things at Yi Zhan Zhong Xin.

Lime 15 yrs ago
I am interested in buying a whole dinner service from The Dragon Store . Do you know if they would deliver it to a HK address please?

mrjollyhk 15 yrs ago
If Dragon Store is the Light Industrial Products Centre then yes, they can deliver to HK no problem.

Personally I didn't think the range of either cutlery or crockery was that great. not much in the way of cutlery and many shops seem to have the same crockery.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad