Drum Tobacco and paper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by morningcoffee 14 yrs ago
Where can I find Drum Tobacco and cigarette paper in HK? Seven Eleven does not have it.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
tanyabennett 14 yrs ago
Not many shops do rolling tobacco... not sure if they have Drum, but the cigar shop in Landmark Central does tobacco and papers. Also the side street vendors do papers. There is also a smoking paraphernalia shop in cwb (sorry dont know the details) that is likely to stock those kind of products.

durso.ms 14 yrs ago
I've been looking out for drum stockists since I arrived and have picked up a few handy locations which I'm not unwilling to share...

You can pick up papers at tonnes of the little roadside stalls that sell cigs and magazines, but all of the locations listed below stock papers too (the stall at discovery bay pier is handy for papers too...)

There are a few other places that stock nasty tasting tobaccos like GV and the like, but nobody with a sense of taste would be interested in such, so here's where to get the nice stuff - I only wish it was a longer list...

In central, as well as those mentioned above, there's is a roadside stall at the north-west (ish) corner of lang kwai fong (bottom of the hill, d'aguilar really...) which usually stocks some, and up the hill from there in mid-levels there is also a small shop just next to the escalators above caine road.

In happy vally there is a wine shop about half-way up sing woo road (i think it's near the king's bakery...) which is always reliably stocked. In wan chai there is a shop near the southern playground which always carries papers but occasionally has drum in as well, although I wouldn't rely on it...

Other than that my best tip would be the macau ferry terminal - macau side unfortunately. Seems a long way to go, but the drum available there is very cheap, more so than bringing it back duty free from anywhere else, even a little cheaper than what you'd pay going up to shenzen. If you happen to be heading that way it's well worth stocking up - the cheapest i've ever found a 50g pack in hk is hk$130 - in macau it'll cost you hk$31...

If you're buying enough, it's almost worth the price of the ferry tickets (hk$100-150 each way), and I hear you can get a package of return ferry ticket and room for the night with best western for around hk$400 if you book a little in advance - buy four packs whilst you're there and you just got a free trip to macau for spending the same amount of cash on tobacco you were going to spend anyway - in fact buy ten and you just got a free trip to macau and saved yourself hk$700 - not like it's going to go off, is it...

happy smoking...

casuals 14 yrs ago
wow! Awesome tips. will they have me old holburns tho?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad