Best discounted Hong Kong shopping districts

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by apappas 14 yrs ago
Hi, we are searching for the best shopping districts in Hong Kong where we can find good labels at factory outlet prices. We have been to City Gate at Tung Chung, the Ladies Markets, various shops in Wanchai, Stanley markets and Fa Yuen St (which was somewhat disappointing). We have yet to go to Ap Le Chai. I was told to go past the flower markets at Prince Edward but we really did not know where we were going. Can anyone please advise of areas for good quality bargain shopping? Any advice is most appreciated.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Philly Cheese 14 yrs ago
City Gate is good as is South Horizons and ApLeiChau. But the real good deals are the private sales where old stock is cleared. There is one store in Stanley Market that has good deals on kids clothes too (cut labels and line over runs).

apappas 14 yrs ago
Thanks everyone for your replies. I will try Ap Lei Chau as I haven't done so yet. I have pretty much explored most areas and have come to the same conclusions as everyone. There doesn't seem to be a "hidden" area that I have been missing. Much appreciated.

bdi 14 yrs ago
Check out this link.

http://www.kwuntong.org.hk/eg_b05.htm

Haven't had a chance to explore it yet.

Do let us know if you do.

apappas 14 yrs ago
Thanks very much. I will definitely let you know if I do. That's great.

apappas 14 yrs ago
bdi, we did go for a wander to Kwun Tong today. It was pretty good to potter around but you really need at least half a day or more to do it properly. Also, as we went quite late in the afternoon, some of the factory shops had closed. The Yip Fat factory building only had 1 shop which sold genuine Ralph Lauren, Reply, Abercrombie, etc and Fendi handbags for women. You could tell it was the genuine article and the prices were quite reasonable, though not dirt cheap. We then wandered around Hoi Yuen Road and there were a number of sport shops - Adidas, Nike and Puma. They were ok. Alot of the other factories had quite an extensive list of units which you couldn't really work out from the names what they were. You basically had to wander through the corridors of each floor and see which were open to the public. Didn't go to Lladro. All in all, if you want to spend a bit of time wandering through, I would recommend it. Quite a pleasant place and not difficult to find.

Fikiwii 14 yrs ago
the top floor of Times Square in Causeway bay has some pretty good clearance sales. Different labels at different times but worth a check if you are in the area.

Jyc102189 14 yrs ago
both top floor of Times Square at CWB and inside Harbour City TST often holds great clearance sales - you can sign up to receive email notifications.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad