Furniture shenzhen

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Mich03 14 yrs ago
Has anyone bought furniture in Shenzhen, particularly in HOBA. How did it go? Was the furniture exactly how it was showed in the shops. Any other problems or things that I need to pay attention concernign buying furniture in Shenzhen?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 14 yrs ago
we bought some pieces and very pretty happy with the result. the key is to have watertight plans/designs made by yourself or your designer with all details noted down (e.g. what type of hinges, all kind of dimensions, materials, colors, drawer types, to which side the doors open and so on).

then talk it through with them in detail upon which they will produce their own plans/designs which is what the factory uses as a basis.

anything that you do not define, the factory will interpret based on their own experience!!!

also discuss timing in detail (when is the plan ready, when and how to sign, when it will be made in the factory (we were quoted 3 weeks but making the pieces only takes 1 day so it's more a question of priority for the factory), when delivered, to where, what time of the day (border crossing!), etc.).

last but not least pricing. everything is negotiable and can be switched. e.g. hinges we had 3 sub-types (local, JV, import) to chose from for each type.

my experience is that if you use a hk contractor, they also let their furniture made in china. usually many things are not discussed and hence the customer in hk often let's the piece be sent back to be remade (which they can do as the cost in china is about 10% of the cost sold in hong kong).

we spent about 6 hours for 6 pieces of furniture to discuss all the details and they were delivered perfectly.

Mich03 14 yrs ago
Where did you buy it?

cookie09 14 yrs ago
i went to bagualing in the only shop that sells black wooden furniture pieces (forgot the name sorry)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad