foshan furniture

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by rs2000 12 yrs ago
Hi All,

I live in HK and am planning to do a day trip to foshan to buy some furniture like dining table, sofa, tv cabinet and a bed.

I checked the bus schedule and I think we will have around 5 hours if we do a day trip. Please can you help me with the following queries

1. Can you please name a few malls (names in chinese and adresses please) where we can check out the above items and order them

2. do all the shopping malls deliver to HK?

3. Do you think its possible to shop for the above in 5 hours (given we have a 2-3 malls shirtlisted where we will check and then buy these)?

4. shenzhen is much closer and we can get much more time if we shop in shenzhen, is Baoan or Fu Yong areas in shenzhen much expensive compared to foshan?

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

ps: if you know any agent who can charge reasonably for spending 2-3 hours with us and not forcing us to buy from specific place. rather just helping us out with chinese language and also some guidance on the areas, please kindly let me know!

many many thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 12 yrs ago
rs,

- the place to look is called LeCong

- 5h is really tight but not impossible

- all deliver to hk

- it's cheaper than SZ but the main difference is choice. e.g. in lecong you have a mall called sofa city which literally contains about 10,000 sofas to chose from

rs2000 12 yrs ago
thanks a lot Cookie09

Please can you help me name a few malls (close to each other) in Lecong area that would have living room & bedroom furniture. We are looking at solid wood ,maghony style funiture (not so much on the modern glass/steel one). Since i am really short of time, I want to just go firectly to the 1-3 malls and order. Please help me shortlist

Thanks a lot!

cookie09 12 yrs ago
sorry am not speaking chinese, so cant tell

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/living-in-or-moving-to-hong-kong/threads/128254/furniture-town-shunde-in-guangdong/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunde,_China_Furniture_Wholesale_Market

rs2000 12 yrs ago
ok thanks. btw do you think I can go about buying the furniture in 5-6 hours and without a guide if I land somewhere close to Louvre mall, without an interpreter/agent?

how much do these interpreter/agent charge for a few hours help"?

are all the malls close to each other in Lecong

thanks a lot!

rs2000 12 yrs ago
ok thanks. btw do you think I can go about buying the furniture in 5-6 hours and without a guide if I land somewhere close to Louvre mall, without an interpreter/agent?

how much do these interpreter/agent charge for a few hours help"?

are all the malls close to each other in Lecong

thanks a lot!

cookie09 12 yrs ago
i think language is not a problem. after all my indian friends furnished their whole apartment up there.

timing might be a bigger issue. louvre mall is a good start but can easily take you 30 minutes of 6 hours alone depending how far you go

btw louvre is the high end of lecong...

rs2000 12 yrs ago
my problem is that i have 2 young kids whom i will be leaving with the helper and it seems that the last bus to HK leaves around 5:50 pm and hence I have the 6 hours limit

The problem is that I cant leave my kids ovwernight with the helpder. we both are going as both want to see and choose.

Even if I want to take kids along, and stay overnight, will have to get the visa for helper and then will have to handle a lot of logistics. hence I want to do a day trip. Is there anyway to get to shenzhen from Foshan artound 7 pm so that atleast I can reach home at Hk night time?

Also will the malls n lecong be open past 6pm?

Please one more thing, from the link below, can you please suggest some mid range good quality furniture malls (i dont want the high end one, dont have budget for it but need good quality mid range priced stuff)

http://www.excelguangzhou.com/lecong-furniture.html

many thanks!

Honkyblues 12 yrs ago
Someone sent me this info about furniture shopping in Shenzhen. I haven't been myself so can't comment.

HOBA International Furniture Plaza (Luo Hu Branch) (好百年家居广场罗湖店)

Address: Intersection of Bao An Bei Rd and Mei Yuan Rd, Shenzhen,

深圳市罗湖区宝安北路与梅园路交汇处, Luohu District

Notes: Huge furniture mall with many different concessions – luxury-style furniture

Name: Yi Feng Furniture(Main Branch(深圳市怡丰名家具店总店)

Address: Zone A, Business Center of Bi Hu Garden, Hong Hu Rd, Shenzhen, 深圳市罗湖区洪湖路碧湖花园商业城A区, Luohu District

Notes: Funky-style furniture all in one shop, but you can find some real gems

Name: HOBA International Furniture Plaza

好百年国际家居广场

Address: Honghu Building. 1 Honghu Lu, Luohu District, Shenzhen

深圳市罗湖区洪湖路洪湖大厦14层

Notes: This is right next door to Yifeng – it is the lower-end furniture shop for Hoba – great for cheaper basics. There are many locations for Hoba – if you aren't going to Yifeng you can just go to the lower-end shop next door to the luxury furniture mall on Bao'an Bei Lu

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad