Curtains made in Shenzhen - where to go???

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tung Chung 18 yrs ago
If anyone has had blackout curtains made in Shenzhen that they are really happy with (quality of material, price, good English, HK delivery), please could you let me know the shop number, phone number and name. Also, if you have any advice on what to ask for, I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
spurs 18 yrs ago
Try Kevin, at shop 3066 in Lowu, he made me 5 double sets for very large windows, plus tie-backs and pillows for $3000. great english and great quality. i picked up though so am not sure about delivery but i imagine that would be no trouble at all.

cheers

Tung Chung 18 yrs ago
Thanks a million! Will give him a try.

AA 18 yrs ago
I had a bad experience from one of the places on 5th floor but I would say its best to pick up as they are heavy and delivery is determined by weight.

ozcalgal 18 yrs ago
I also used Kevin on the 3rd floor near the BBC restaurant. He's shop is opposite the escalators on the corner. EXC service, all my curtains and roman blinds fit perfectly and he organised a courier to deliver them to HK.

Tung Chung 18 yrs ago
Just an update... WE went to Shenzhen and to shop #3066 as advised by the above posts. Was most impressed with the service (delivered to HK within 2 days) and the quality and workmanship. You give your measurements (area you want to cover) and they will advise on amount of fabric. Hint: rather give yourself a few cm leeway on all sides so that curtains don't fit the window EXACTLY - rather have a bit of bunching and be able to close curtains easily across then try to fit the precise size of window. Also, rather have curtains touching floor then hanging just above. (just a personal preference!) Oh and yes, you will need to fit the curtains yourself but they come with hooks etc. all in so it's pretty easy.

forest 17 yrs ago
Do any have a better choice of fabrics than your standard ones? As most seem to rather cheesy!

Tung Chung 17 yrs ago
Not sure what you are looking for? There is such a huge selection of curtain shops/ materials in Shenzhen that I can't imagine anyone not being able to find something that they like?

Bayliner1901 17 yrs ago
$3,000 seemed excessive for China.. I think the price can be reduced quite a bit... I do sourcing in China and for one thing, Lo Wu Borders are not the best place to get your best bargains... Try going into the city, take the #17 bus and get off on after 5 stops. The specialty area for curtains...

Shahirakk 17 yrs ago
wow! Do they do fabrics for children's rooms - want to make up pouf, cover a child's armchair and get bedding made up/ is there somewhere equally reasonable in HK?

adelaide 17 yrs ago
i would also recomend the shop on the ground floor just at the bottom of the second escaltor (if facing from the train station and towards the shangri la). A girl joanne is there, its a hige store you cannot miss it and it cost about 2500 for 5 sets of curtains, one which was floor to ceiling and very wide. It then cost 50 for delivery to HK and then 100 to organise someone to install. It was so reasonable.

gchuva 17 yrs ago
Do they have the major brands in Shenzhen like Hunter Douglas?

Shahirakk 16 yrs ago
who installed the curtain adelaide?

paddle 14 yrs ago
I recently went to this address and its still there, English very good and a good price and they will have it delivered by a third party company within about 4days to you in Hong Kong. We had 4 sets of curtains made all cotton in various colours and we paid Reminbi 1200,- and HK$103,- for delivery. hooks included.

ShenZhen BaoShiHeng Curtain & Cloth Decoration Shop.

Located at : Shop #3066, 3/F, Luohu Commerce City, ShenZhen.

Tel: (86 755) 8234 2002 tel/fax (86755)8232 1246

With regard to Visa, as HK resident you can get it after you pass through HK immigration upstairs before you get inline for the Chinese immigration side of things.

Ericuttie 14 yrs ago
I agree with Bayliner1901, I'm pretty open to shop to places other than Lowu, if anyone knows of cheaper places to buy curtains and rails other than Lowu. If I take the bus 17 which direction should I take it, and if there are other places considering I don't mind leaving the safety net of Lowu market.

broadview 13 yrs ago
I need curtains soon and will go to Shop 3066 as it seems to have good comments from several people. Question - does that shop take credit card, cash deposit only, or full cash payment at time of order?

Thanks if you can let me know as I would like to be prepared for payment options.

Cheers/Bob

hk foodie 13 yrs ago
Hi All, I just wanted to give an update to the info above.

I went to shop #3066 last Wed (after all the recommendations on here) and my order arrived in HK today.

I paid (in full) 1230 RMB for 1 pair of 3.5-metre wide, full length, full block-out silk curtains & 6 x silk cushions (~45x45cm). We already had the tracks for the curtains so obviously that wasn't included.

The man we dealt with was named Sky and his English was great.

We paid another HKD$123 for the delivery.

Out of interest, I was quoted HKD$1500 for a non-lined polyester/rayon curtain here in HK that was going to take 1 month to complete!!

Hope this information helps. I will definitely be going back for more curtains and cushions.

PoitiersDesi 13 yrs ago
HK Foodie: Thank you for the update. Do you know if the Shenzhen shop would send someone to take window measurements or if there's anyone in HK who can do that for us? Thanks much.

- PoitiersDesi

sistim 13 yrs ago
Yes, no. 3066 is very good but I only deal with Sky- the rest of them are clueless and I would check with him if you're planning to pick stuff up- it's not always ready when he says it will be.

kiwimoa 13 yrs ago
Just been today (5 Oct 2011), as mentioned above, shop 3066 is good to deal with. This is my 2nd time for curtains in Shenzhen and this shop was better than the last, although from what I hear, they are all pretty much the same...

I dealt with Billy, who spoke good english and knows his curtains!

We had shopped around in HK and already had fabric samples, this made it very easy for Billy to match at their shop, where they have a large amount of fabric samples.

Price wise, once we take into account the cost of travel (mtr $100 return), visas ($168 1 entry visa), purchase of curtain rails and installation, the cost will be approx half of what we would pay in HK.

Delivery time; I was told 5-10 days.

Cost; Curtains with black out backing fabric for 3 bedrooms (2 single, 1 double size rooms), roller blinds for the living room 270cm across = $2800 rmb. It was so cheap, I didnt even bother to bargain...

Measurements; I measured our flat twice. It's a good idea to perhaps take a photo of the widows/ or draw a diagram and put your measurements on there. Take measurements of everything, including the window frame between the windows. The more information you have, the better... and it will save you time up there.

We took about an hour to go through fabric samples and finalise size, price etc. If you have a larger house, then allow more time.

Happy shopping!

Ricker 12 yrs ago
Thanks for some good advice on where to go. Were this prices set or haggled? How much bargaining do I need to do?!

dd413 12 yrs ago
Does anyone know if you can get string blinds/curtains in shenzhen?

AngieC 12 yrs ago
Hi everyone. Just a quick update. I ordered from this shop last week. I called and asked for some samples. I asked for cream/off white color and told them I wanted the lowest price fabrics. about 15 samples were send to me in 2 days. I paid for courier which was about $30.

I got quoted for $1700HKD to put curtains in 3 rooms (master, baby room and guest room). The quote from a random curtain shop in Wanchai was $4700.

After I wired the money, the curtains arrived 2 days later - a day earlier than expected. They do the job just fine. Even though I asked for the cheapest fabric, they don't look so cheap. They also came with block out linings.

Skye doesn't work there anymore, but I spoke mandarin so don't know who to ask for if you only speak English.

Hope this helps!

hk foodie 11 yrs ago
Hi All,

Another update. Sky from shop 3066 has set up his own shop. He has moved to 4425-4426.

His English is fantastic!

I did still deal with shop 3066 after he had left (before I found him again!) but the prices were more expensive & it was a much, much longer process.

Sky has just made me curtains & cushions for my girls rooms. He also made the most gorgeous cotton sheets & pillowcases. They were white with red piping & just look fantastic. He also made me some bunting (or flags as he calls it). I paid $375 for 2m at Indigo kids & he made me up a total of 5m for 360RMB in the fabrics of my choosing.

I just ordered a reversible duvet cover yesterday with 2 pillowcases & a cushion with pom-pom trim for 350RMB (Just to give an idea of price).

Obviously I have no affiliation with Sky but I have no hesitation in recommending him.

nylawyer 11 yrs ago
Hi everyone - For the curtains, do you have to make the payment up front, or make a deposit with the balance payment at delivery. If deposit, how much is the deposit set at?

I assume the shops only accept RMB and not HKD or credit cards?

Thanks in advance.

luka30 11 yrs ago
Hi everyone- do you know of any comparable alternative that is less costly than Hunter Douglas blinds in SZ or HK? Would appreaciate any input. Thank you!

BrookeHK 10 yrs ago
Hi

Does anyone know if these curtain shops do wooden plantation shutters?

thanks

weon7 10 yrs ago
Hi HK foodie,

Thank you for all this info in detail. I have big curtains to extend the height. Not sure whether they're willing to the alteration with my own fabric.
Do you have SKY shop (4425-4426)'s phone number or his phone number?
Thank you!

Ionahs@gmail.com 9 yrs ago
Hi, please could you send me SKY shop contact details too. Do you have phone, email please?
Thank-you so much.
Kind regards.

amandalote 9 yrs ago
i also chasing Sky's number if anyone has it please?

skorn 9 yrs ago
I need to get in contact with Skye as I placed a large order with him, paid up front in full but it hasn't been delivered. It seems as though I accidentally threw out his business card and I'm hoping to avoid a trip back to Shenzhen.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad