Shaving Supplies

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tedtotaler 13 yrs ago
I might be looking in the wrong places, but the range of shaving products at the likes of Watsons et al seems rather limited.

Does anyone have any useful tips on where to purchase shaving gels, aftershave and the like?

I'm also tempted to go old school and get the soap and brush as I hear that is the best way to get a good shave. Not sure if I'm brave enough to go for a cut-throat razor though. Don't know if anyone would know where I could get some of that stuff?

Thanks in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Shane 13 yrs ago
I PM the author but for the rest here is my info from same experience.

Lane Crawford has Art of Shaving products. Problem is stock is inconsistent and limited.

Panda store outside World Wide House has some razors by Merkel. Lower quality. Some shaving soaps but again they dont know mens shaving products. The razors I would stay away from.

Double Edged Razors can be bought at local small Pharmacys. I keep a photo of them on my iphone so incase they dont understand my Chinese they know exactly what I'm looking for.

Natures Village on Lyndhurst has good shave gel. Also great Witch Hazel with aloe for balm. I use those and my face loves it.

For quality double edged razors only thing to do is order from Amazon.com. Or Vermont Country Store online.

I did but my razor stand, razor and brush from Lane Crawford - Art of Shaving products.

Badger and Blade is great webpage for men who are interested in quality shaving and avoiding cheap products.

RA 13 yrs ago
You could also try Crab tree & Evelyn, the have a men's section where they have a shaving brush and soap in a wooden bowl.

Tedtotaler 13 yrs ago
Thanks guys, very helpful!

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
Any news to above; on-line ? what works best for shipping in/to HK ?.
Any new shops carrying blades, alum blocks, badger brushes ?

hongkongbilly 9 yrs ago
I have several places that I shop...

* Basement of Landmark has Joyce for Men store - they a few two lines
* a new website that I found and planning to try wetshavehongkong.com
* there is an old-school chemist across in World Wide House Central, on ground floor, that carries several things

I used to order from westcoastshaving in US but, the shipping too expensive...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad