Tailors in Shenzhen

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by kardi08 16 yrs ago
I have checked all the threads and found only two tailors being recommended i have myself tried several tailors but have still not found someone who is really good, i am planning to go in two weeks, any recommendations of trailors that anyone has tried willbe really appreciated. Thanx

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
JenV 16 yrs ago
I've tried both Ada and John chi, recommended by the shop in Shenzhen book. found both to be good but as with all of them you have to be very specific about the details. Pictures and even better, samples for them to copy. Develop a relationship with them. Ada is more fashionable and is better with fabrics. I've had business shirts and suits made with Ada, as well as a gorgeous evening gown and some casual wear. All great. Try not to go on the weekend. Otherwise first thing in the morning on Satruday is best. they have more time to spend with you. Also spend a lot of time in the fabric market. there's some great stuff in there. Have fun!

laucanessa 16 yrs ago
Hi, when are you planning to go? May I join you? Never been to Shenzen. where do you get the visa?

Dodie V 16 yrs ago
I usually go with a Chinese friend and she is able to take me to an amazing tailor who has great prices (and will change anything until it's perfect! The last pair of pants I had made she tweaked three times for me until they were absolutely right!). Wouldn't be of any help if you don't speak Chinese.

I can tell you to beware of SOPHIE'S. Went to her and the work was very, very poorly done. She is ok at copying (again, poor tailoring, though) but when it comes to anything original or out of the catalog none of it is very professional. One coat I had made was completely wrong and she complained about fixing it even though she had totally ignored all instructions given (with samples! - in Chinese!).

My advise, take a few things you want made and give one each to a few different tailors - you'll soon find one you like! If you're interested in my Chinese speaking tailor, let me know and I'll get her shop number for you. She's on the fifth floor.

FKKC 16 yrs ago
Dodie V

Can I have the shop's number too. Thank you.

zarafour 16 yrs ago
I found that Adah is too busy and there are too many mistakes. I had to take the clothes back. I mean 3 inches too small or too large - the clothes. Pls can anyone suggest anyone else who they have liked.Thanks Zara

sur501 16 yrs ago
I used to go to shenzhen tailors a lot but ususally had to go back several times for fittings and many times for alterations to the point of exhaustion -I would rather pay a bit more to my hong kong tailor where I only make two trips to get something made and avoid a lot of trouble plus I can be sure of the fabrics because I bought a lot of Shanghia tang jackets from the Shenzhen tailor and was told they were silk but found out later they were rayon.They have a lot of copy English and Italian fabrics for suits which is a waste of monry for businessmen but perhaps okay for the female shoppers who rather wear something for a short period and change evry now and then whereas I find it better to pay a reasonable amount and expect a suit that would last afew years without going shiny due to the synthetic components in the fabrics.

Anyway if you are prepared to make a number of trips it is fine to venture out there at least for a personal experience.

Lisa.zheng 15 yrs ago
Hello, Dodie V , i can recommend one tailor to you, she is a very nice tailor, she is Maggie, Shop no. is 5133D. she is a very kind lady.. she can go to her shop, and try her job..

pseudolus 14 yrs ago
I've got a tailor who comes to Central from Shenzhen and makes my suits. I've had a few made from Hk based ones like Jims, and I must say the quality from this guy is just as good, and the service is better (as in, in my office). Considerably cheaper as well I must say - had 2 suits, 5 shirts, 1 very nice casual jacket, and 4 casual shirts to my own designs really. PM me if you want his number as he's here 3 times a week.

sistim 14 yrs ago
Wan Dun at 48 hasn't let me down yet....

suitman 14 yrs ago
Pseudolus,

I want to know the details of your tailor, email address preferred.

uterry 14 yrs ago
Please provide the tailor infomation for either Pseudolus or sistim. Interested in women's dresses and leather jacket. Only here for 1.5 weeks and need to find one soon! I can't leave without getting something made! Help!

sistim 14 yrs ago
Sorry I was a bit vague- I mean no. 48 in Lo Wu Commercial Centre. Right at the back of the fabric floor. She can do both of what you need, I've had many dresses from her.

reshuharry 14 yrs ago
Hi Pseudolus,

Can u give the details of your tailor who comes from shenzen to central thrice a week. His contact no., address in central or email address. Anyway if u can help. Thanks

RichieC 14 yrs ago
My personal experience...

I used to have suits made by a shenzen tailor too..as for price, definitely a good deal.. but he could barely speak English so it ended up being more of a hassle.

Ive switched to a local tailor, Om Custom Tailors...spend a few more quid but its worth it..they may not come to ur doorstep but the service is ace nevertheless...overall quality is better too, more wear & tear

That may be the key difference between Hong Kong tailoring & Shenzen tailoring, most of my shenzen shirts haven't lasted more than a year..

Anyone else had this experience with China tailoring??

tomUK 14 yrs ago
I have known Judy for over 10 years. I've used many other "tailors" in the past, and Judy is a gem.She were welcoming and provided excellent advice re styles and materials, their service was excellent. The price is very good.

I highly recommend you to visit Judy NO 5067,5/F Shenzhen luohu commercail city

maz27 14 yrs ago
I have used Sophia on 5th Floor - sometimes she does a great job and sometimes not. Go to her early as she does get incredibly busy and will sometimes stop assisting you and move on to an old client which I find terribly annoying!

Another recommendation a friend of mine always uses is Shona

(shop number 5102,

mobile: 13530059195/ 13570819339.

Tel/ fax: 00186 755-25135471

samantha88 14 yrs ago
Just returned to Australia and while there did our first trip to Shenzhen.

My husband had suits tailor made, and I took 2 outfits too have them copied.

We found Judy shop in the 5 floor numble 5067. She speaks excellent English and is really easy to deal with. Her prices were great as well.This is her email judytailor88@yahoo.com.cn

We ordered all our clothes on the Monday and came back on Wednesday Afternoon for a fitting. All the items were perfect and nothing needed altering at all, so we took them with us on the Wednesday.

We are extremely happy with our clothes.

skittle 14 yrs ago
agree w/kmgpub

I use to live in Shenzhen and had my clothes made here in HK, now I am living here in HK and travel to Shenzhe 3 days a week for work but still prefer having things made here in HK. There is a level of customer service and quality that I just did not receive when I tried having clothes made in Shenzhen.

The tailor I use here in HK I know is going to get it right and if they don't get it right they understand customer service and will work on it until it is right. This is NOT the experience I had in Shenzhen, where it seems they were just looking at the one off customer and not thinking that I if I am satisfied I will return.

What I can say about this particular Hong Kong tailor that I believe is different is that they work with my budget and still produce gorgeous clothes.

My tailor here in HK is, Andover Tailor Cke Shopping Mall, 2nd Floor, Shop# 150 -151, 36 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong

Tel: 34884833 (Paul)

hk foodie 13 yrs ago
I thought I would add my 2 cents to this (now outdated but still relevant) thread to let you all know my experience in Shenzhen. I went through a lot of these threads before heading to Shenzhen to get some information.

I had 3 dresses made and a shirt for my husband at no 48 in Lowu Commercial Centre.

I took up 2 of my dresses that I wanted copied and 1 of my husband's long sleeved casual button-up shirts.

I am not sure of the individual costs but the total came to 1230RMB (980RMB for tailoring and 250RMB for some material). I had 2 silk cocktail dresses made, a cotton day dress and the cotton shirt. I went on a Tuesday & the items were delivered to me in HK by Sunday.

The shirt for my husband is lovely. The finish at the seams is exactly like the Country Road shirt we were copying. One of my silk dresses is a lovely fit but they forgot to put the loops at the side for the ribbon around my waist (not a biggie). The other 2 dresses are a great fit except bizarrely enough they gape under the underarm. I am headed back next month and hopefully they can fix them. Will keep you posted.

martialartslady 13 yrs ago
I am trying to look for a good and cheap men's tailor for my son as he leaves for boarding school in September. Any good recommendations for Shenzhen? I found one in Shaukeiwan who is doing a winter suit for HK$1100.

I agree with the above that, after a while, the staff in SZ tend to be lax about things.

Steve king 12 yrs ago
I've tried many tailors, Ada , John chi ...but only Adam king is the best ! he is the king of tailor . my wife and I have been going to the guy for years .he does a great job .I've taken suits , shirts and more. he is curteous , consistent and finish things on time ! The price and work are the best deal in the city .I am planning to go next week . he is on the 4 floor : 4028-21 luohu commerce center , Phone no 86 13538273522 adamkingtailor@Yahoo.com.cn

megamix52 9 yrs ago
This is a very good tailor.His name is James.he speaks very good english.he does suits for many American and European stores.i did my suits with him and i was impressed.the custom made suits were superb,attention to details was just great.i live now in usa now and alot of times i just give him a call and he will do my suits and post to me in Mayland usa.i believe you will be impressed if you give him a try.His number is 008613066330521.
He also does mens shirts and female dresses HE LIVES IN GUANGZHOU

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad