Changing Jobs on work visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by CrimsonArrow 17 yrs ago
Has anyone who was on a work visa changed jobs before? I was just wondering what the procedures for changing a job are if one is on a work visa. Will you have to apply for a brand new work visa or are there procedures for changing the company your work visa is issued under.

Thank you.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
associates 17 yrs ago
If a person who is on an employment visa wishes to move onto another job, he should obtain the prior approval of the Director of Immigration by applying for a new employment visa.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

2108 Gloucester Tower

The Landmark

15 Queens Road Central

Hong Kong

Tel : 2526-1767

Fax : 2868-3568

email : weirlaw@hongkonglaw.com

www.HongKongLaw.com/weirlaw

CrimsonArrow 17 yrs ago
Thank you for the replies. Ah so you are subject to the discretion of the immigration department. I was asking this as I've heard about someone who switched jobs and he had to wait around 6 months for the whole process to be completed.

seb-in-hk 17 yrs ago
I have changed jobs several times and the process is not too difficult. There are detailed instructions how to do it and what forms are involved in the online Hong Kong visa handbook on www.emigra.com.hk . Go to the employment visas chapter and find the "Change of Sponsorship Applications" section.

santoshkumar220 10 yrs ago
Hi Everyone,

I have resigned from my current job in FEB-14 and currently I am looking for a job here in HK. My employment VISA will expire in the month of SEP-14.

I wanted to visit my home back to India for couple of weeks, So I was wondering if once I leave HK can I enter back using my HKID, or I will need to come back on visitor visa.

Request for your help.

Thanks.

scorpio01 10 yrs ago
you are good to enter/exit till your visa expires,

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad