Is it possible to get visa for Philippino domestic helper?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cth25 16 yrs ago
we are planning to move to BJ and would love to have our Phillipino domestic helper to come with us.

I heard that it's very hard to get visa for foreign domestic helpers now, is it true?

Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
gdbill 16 yrs ago
It's not just hard, it's impossible.

cth25 16 yrs ago
Finepinay, great to hear it's possible! My friend told me some recent development which suggests it's not possible to issue/renew their helpers' visas in BJ.

Can you fill me in with my details on how to get the visa for my helper?

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
No you cannot bring foreigners in to work at domestic helpers in the PRC. Some people have got around this by getting business "F" visa's for their helpers but this means the helper must leave every 30 days. These visa's cannot be renewed in BJ and the helper would need to go back to their country of origin to apply again for a visa. No guarantees they would get one.

cth25 16 yrs ago
I was told you can get tourist visas that will allow them to stay for 6 months?

moira2006 16 yrs ago
Hi, we can help you solve your VISA problem. Please contact my staff through 13724094275 or 13711931574 for details.

cth25 16 yrs ago
Hi moira2006,

I called the 2 numbers you provided and couldn't get through. Any other ways I can contact you please? I will need your help.

Thanks.

cth25

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
From the Philippines Consulate in Hong Kong:

China closed to foreign domestic helpers

11 December 2007

The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration reiterates its warning to applicants for overseas employment to be cautious of recruiters who promise jobs in China especially for domestic helpers and teachers.

Administrator Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz said employment of domestic helpers, including nannies and caregivers, is closed to foreigners.

Baldoz said her office received reports that several Filipinos went to China to work as domestic helpers as promised by their recruiters, which in reality is not allowed by the Chinese government.

Baldoz said most of the victims carried Chinese business "F" visas, whose holders cannot use to work in China.

According to the Chinese Foreign Ministry and Public Security Bureau, China has not relaxed its immigration policy with regard to unskilled labor, which includes domestic helpers. Employment of domestic helpers is limited only to Chinese nationals.

Baldoz also warned teachers regarding dubious employment opportunities in China supposedly for English language teaching positions especially those found in the internet. Some Filipino teachers were able to work in China but most of them were eventually deported because they were not given work visas by the Chinese government.

gdbill 16 yrs ago
^ Because it is not possible unless -- and even then difficult -- you work for a diplomatic mission.

cth25 16 yrs ago
I tried but I couldn't find how I can pm moira2006. Can you shred some light?

Thank you so much for all your replies! I am still keeping my fingers crossed...

goodshanghai 14 yrs ago
China Visa Service Center

We can help you solve your VISA problem.

VISA Application expert on 3,6,12 month VISA!

No interview.

Msn:jsdcfay@hotmail.com

Mobile:15000333096

24-hour/7-day urgent service call

www.goodshanghai.com

MiniCooper69 14 yrs ago
@cth25,Its not possible...not unless you are diplomat..she can get a visa in Philippines but she needs some bond (25K peso) they'll give her 3 months but she can only stay in China for 30 days then she needs to exit again then enter the country.

Mhel04 12 yrs ago
Hi,

I'm presently living with my boyfriend for 4yera now here in Singapore. He is a foreigner and will be working in Beijing china soon. Is it possible for him to take me under Pilipino domestic helper in Beijing.? We cannot get married because my annulment is not granted yet that's why we are just living together...thanks

ronaldolan 10 yrs ago
best can do is bring back the half year invitation letter then get visa to come~

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad