Hong Kong’s Top Site for Executives | Hong Kong’s Leading Property Site | Hong Kong’s Best Classifieds
Hong Kong
Please select your city
Friday, 10/31/2014

Cost of applying for a probate

POSTED BY David27 (2 yrs ago)

My father died a couple of years ago.
He was divorced and left no will.

He lived in my country, and, from time to time, traveled abroad.

I, as his only son, receive a letter of administration in my country.

As far as know, he left a bank account in HK, but no property.

I would to file for an Administration in HK.

How much would a solicitor usually charge for handling such a case?

As can be inferred, this is a simple and uncontested case.

Thank you

#1 POSTED BY associates (2 yrs ago)

[UPDATE] Please note that fee quotes stated in historic postings may be out-of-date.

If the deceased passed away in one of the following countries under section 49 and Schedule 2 of the Probate and Administration Ordinance (Cap.10) (i.e. the Australian States of Tasmania, Victoria and South Australia and the Northern Territory of Australia; New Zealand; Singapore, Sri Lanka, and United Kingdom), the administrator can obtain a re-sealing of the foreign grant in Hong Kong. Otherwise, the administrator has to apply a fresh grant in Hong Kong.

Weir & Associates
Solicitors & Notaries
16th Floor Tak Shing House
20 Des Voeux Road Central
Hong Kong
Tel : 2526-1767
Fax : 2868-3568
Email : WeirLaw@weirandassociates.com

Back to main category

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.