Blocked village access

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by doggy 10 yrs ago
A couple of years ago one of the landlords in my village built an electric gate over the entrance to the village (one side is a car park, used by villagers in other houses on a separate side of the village). Now he gave all the tenants a keyfob to open the gate (one per house/flat (if the village house was divided up) and everyone knew the 4 digit code to get into the village.

Now, he's changed the code and refuses to tell anyone what it is. As far as he's concerned, it's his land and he can do what he wants, his said that the only way into and out of the village is with the keyfob (this is due to another indigenous villager who wants to build a house next to his land).

But now, what if say my wife has the keyfob (as it's in the car) and I'm at home and I need police/fire/ambulance services? Now they have no way to enter the village except to park on one side of the gate and walk in.

Same with food and water deliveries/friends visiting ...etc...

Is this legal? I'm sure that it's not or there is a legal loophole to get around this.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
doggy 10 yrs ago
@natsu93

The original question is not asking if it's right or not right, but if it's legal for a landlord to restrict emergency vehicles from access to a village?

And, let's be clear. He does not own the land that the village is built on (three houses are his) but rather the land that the entrance to the village is located. It just doesn't seem fair to the rest of the villagers that own/rent property in the village.

doggy 10 yrs ago
He is restricting vehicles such as fire trucks and ambulances from entering the village. Police, I guess could park outside the village and walk the couple of hundred metres to reach the houses, but it's not about parking, people park on the other side of the gate and walk into the village.

In addition it's also a nuisance as now taxis cannot enter the village nor can delivery trucks. Last week a guy came with a truck to clean out the septic tanks (which he does annually) but because he couldn't enter the village he turned back and is having to arrange a visit when hopefully someone can enter the village for him. Most of the villagers keep the keyfob in their car so whilst they are at work, no-one can enter the village.

This guy isn't the village boss, he doesn't even live in HK but rather an indigenous villager that lives overseas. He does have family in the village though.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad