Issues with landlord and receiving tenancy documents

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Sunny2014 10 yrs ago
Hi all,

I have been at my current apartment for around 2.5 years. I re-signed a new tenancy agreement in last October 2013. At that time, my landlord emailed me the renewed tenancy agreement, I printed out two copies, signed and posted both copies back to her for signing and stamping. I followed up with her a number of times in late 2013 to receive my copy of the renewed lease but never received a response.

Now that it is the end of the financial year, my company requires receipts and sighting of the original stamped tenancy agreement for our rental reimbursement scheme. For the past two weeks I have SMS'd, phoned, left messages for my landlord, however he has seldom picked up the phone. When he does he promises he will send it "ASAP", but I never actually receive the documents.

Is there anything I can do from a legal perspective to pressure him to send the documents? Can I deduct the tax savings from the rent I owe?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
snowywind 10 yrs ago
Hi,

You should ask your property agent (who helped you in renting out this property). Ask them to pressure your landlord.

And for legal practice you can also send him a notice through a lawyer.. But that will cost you some money..

You can ask legal aid for the help as well.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad