how to deal with an unreasonable insurance agent who is responsible for my claim.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by tioga 10 yrs ago
l recently went on a trip that required travel insurance, unfortunately items were stolen and a police report was obtained. cut to the chase, a claim was made, and they are only willing to make a partial compensation but only if I repurchase the stolen items! this would mean a further loss, since they would only pay half the price for the mobile stolen and other items.it does stipulate that in the policy for stolen phones, so this partial payment is acceptable. however l can't see where it says l have to repurchase the stolen items. some are gifts from overseas friends as well. l told the agent that surely l couldn't be expected to go to the trouble of buying the items and repurchasing my mobile. furthering my losses. lt has been 3 days and l have not heard from the insurance agent, no calls or emails. l will accept the partial compensation paid by cheque, but not having to go to trouble of repurchasing the items, especially at a significant loss. is there an ombudsman which could help?

thanks for advices

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Isn 10 yrs ago
Which insurance company did you use?

tioga 10 yrs ago
you had similar experiences? what do you reckon should do? lm thinking about informing http://www.iccb.org.hk/en_index.htm, opinions?

maxis 10 yrs ago
Is it the actual insurer/reinsurer you are dealing with, or one of its agents?

Only deal with the Insurer who has underwritten it to start with, in my experience.

Also, don't give up, it is a try one to deter you from making a claim.

If you have any friends who are legal practitioners, get them to help you with you next reply and be smart. There are different ways of dealing with this scenario. One is to get the claims officer on the hook, you friend will show you how.

Then the officer will move your claim form from the "Sucker" pile to the "valid claim" pile.

Isn 10 yrs ago
Depending whether you are dealing with an insurance agent or a broker, the complaint procedure can be quite different. ICCB is an option but going through all those trouble can be a pain and time consuming. I suggest you to contact your agent? Broker? first to discuss. Also have a good read through the terms and conditions of the type of insurance you have purchased. You can PM me if you need more advice and hope this helps.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad