Is doing business with Shenzhen illegal?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by LaurieHK 8 yrs ago
Hi all,

I've been trawling the internet for while and can't seem to find an answer to my question.
A friend and I are thinking of setting up a very simple business based here in HK, where we both live. The plan is to have bridesmaids dresses made in Shenzhen.

We have two scenarios that we're trying to get our heads around.
1) We travel into Shenzhen fairly regularly to place orders, pay the tailor, and collect finished orders. In this scenario we hope to bring the finished dresses back across the border with us into HK.
2) We travel into Shenzhen to place orders and pay the tailor, but we have the finished dresses couriered to us in HK when they're ready.

Does anyone know the legal implications surrounding this set up with regards to,
a) our visa situation - can we simply travel on a Shenzhen visa, a multiple entry China visa or do we need a special business visa?
b) HK/China business law? Are we even allowed to do business with Shenzhen?!

Thanks in advance, any advice, no matter how small, would be much appreciated!
Lauren

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scorpio01 8 yrs ago
lots of ppl do like this,

there is nothing illegal in ordering what you need in Shenzhen and getting it delivered in hong kong.

as long as you are based in HK and have a business registered in HK, it looks all good.

normally I prefer courier delivery to stay in the safer side at china customs.

LaurieHK 8 yrs ago
@SCORPIO01

Thanks so much for your reply! I really appreciate it.
Do you go to Shenzhen to place your orders yourself? If so, do you just travel on a single entry visa every time, or is there a multiple entry visa option?

Thanks again,
Lauren

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
Yes, I travel often

Single entry visa will end up being super expensive (depending on the passport you hold), you should take 1-year multiple entry Visa.

Just visit SZ, order whatever is needed, minor stuff just hand carry, and rest arrange by SF Express, its cheap.

you can send me a PM if you need any more info, I will share with you whatever I know.

It's a pleasure to assist those who want to stand on their own 2 feets.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad