Background Check for WHEN we lived in HK. TRYING to ADOPT a BABY

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AshleyElizabeth 8 yrs ago
PLEASE if anyone can help, let us know! My husband and I lived in HK from 2008-Jan 2012.

We have been back in the USA for almost 4 years and are trying to foster a baby to adopt her. The problem is, when we were at the last step to finalize everything the USA was processing our CPS report (child protective services) they could not obtain those records from HK, and legally, for us to be approved they must go back at least 5 years. So, we have that last year in HK left.
We are applying for a wavier, but need a Plan B, just in case. We have already fallen in love with this baby and are heart-broken she might not be able to come to our home because of this technicality. We worked at a school in Hong Kong and love kids and would really appreciate if anyone knows of anyway to prove we have not harmed children there while we are still here. Most place seem to need you to come in person...

ANYTHING info will be appreciated. We're all at loss.

Thank you,
Ashley

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Greene King 8 yrs ago
ASHLEYELIZABETH,

If you have not done so yet please look at the link below which is for a formal HK police background check which quoting from the web site:

'The issuance of Certificates of No Criminal Conviction is a charged service provided by the Hong Kong Police Force which is solely in connection with a person's application for a visa to visit or reside in another country, or for adoption of children. Applications for the Certificate for any other purposes will not be accepted'.

http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html

Hope it helps and good luck!

AshleyElizabeth 8 yrs ago
Thank you,Greene King! That could potentially be very helpful information for us. The only thing is I think it might need to be specifically about children. A CPS report would be a separate Department for Child Protective Services. But either way I will send this to my agency and see if they can help us! Do you know of any departments that will do overseas background check specifically about children?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad