UK Passport for Our New Born Daughter

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Educator 12 yrs ago
Father is UK citizen

Mother is local Chinese

In applying for the passport do I need to take my daughter to the British Consulate or is, as it seems, everything is done my mail?

Then after obtaining the passport how does my daughter get a permanent residency sticker in her passport?

Many Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela 12 yrs ago
Best to ask the UK consulate. By UK citizen, I assume you mean born in the UK as well. As for permanent residency, your daughter can also get a HKSAR passport as well which comes with an ID card. I know China doesn't technically recognise dual nationality but as far as they are concerned she is born in China to a Chinese so it's a simple question of going to Immigration and filling out the forms. If she wasn't born in HK, then I still think it's possible. I am also a UK citizen and my wife HK-born Chinese. Our daughters both have full British passports and HKSAR passports. I did make one small error though. I registered my daughters births whilst in HK (ie getting a UK birth certificate for them which is not the same a getting a passport). This apparently means they cannot change to 'British otherwise than by descent' (born in UK to UK parents/naturalised) from "British by descent' (ie basically born outside UK to a UK parent). This doesn't affect the child but it could affect your grandchildren's rights if they are born outside the UK. If you don't register with the consulate, they can switch to 'British otherwise by descent' if they live in the UK for more than three years in a row. By the way, I'm not sure about all this UK citizenship law so please check with the consulate.

paulk85 11 yrs ago
Hi, maybe you can help me,

I met a girl from HK and we are looking to get her moved to the Uk, she holds a EU Passport as her father was a police man (from what i understand this is why she has this passport) it clearly states within the passport she is a British citizen. Does this mean she is able to move to the UK? will she need to apply to come?

i am trying to find answers but i am unsure on the questions that i need to be asking... could you please help me out and i would be great-full with any information ,

i have tried to read into it but the information is baffling to say the least......

Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela 11 yrs ago
If it is an EU passport, it must be a full British passport so of course she can live and work in the UK.

kingddd 9 yrs ago
Hi Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela

I am doing the same thing for my son now. I am thinking should I use up that "British by descent' option ir should I go through the uk settlement visa. UKID keeps wining and it may be wise to get the UK passport sooner.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad