HK Permanent Residency Application

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AjitNR 9 yrs ago
Can the HK Permanent Residency application be submitted a month in advance before the 7 year mark? Will doing so, help to speeden the processing dates or it will still take 6 weeks, post the 7 year mark to process the application?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scorpio01 9 yrs ago
i also want to know the same
almost there in a short time

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
I think it was fine but don't remember.
Check the webpage carefully and see what it says.
If in doubt; just drop them an email and ask; you usually get reply in 3-4 days.
http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/right-of-abode-in-hksar/apply.html

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
Ps. Is the reason you want to apply early that Visa is expiring ?.
Anyway; email and ask what options are.
if urgent; just go to counter and ask; they are very helpful.
--
If you are subject to a limit of stay in the HKSAR, you should apply for an extension of stay at the relevant Immigration Office before the expiry of your current limit of stay if your application for verification of eligibility for a permanent identity card is not yet finalised.
--

AjitNR 9 yrs ago
No My visa is not expiring for a few months, even after my 7 years mark gets crossed. The only reason to apply early would be to get it done exactly on 7 year +3/4 days and then have the Permanaent ID in hand in next 1/2 weeks after that. This will allow me to pre-pone a long trip that I have planned out of HK. i understand that i can even pick the ID later, but would rather want to get the whole process done asap once the 7th year is over.

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
Email them or go and ask at counter what you're best options are !.
Good luck !.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad