ADVICE ON CHILD MAINTENANCE PAYMENTS

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by czx 9 yrs ago
Hello all!

I divorced in HK in 2007. My ex-wife and I had 3 small children, and we had joint custody with the primary residence with their mother. We all still live in HK. I have been paying the child support every month since then, and 50% of the university expenses as we originally agreed, as well as extra ad hoc payments as and when unusual things came up. However, two of our children are now out of high school and not living with their mother anymore, but the divorce agreement provides for me to keep paying the same amount of child support + 50% of their uni expenses until they graduate or turn 24. This seems unfair to me. My ex-wife is now saving US$50,000 per year because these two adult children no longer live with her and there are no more local school fees - so my child support payments have now turned into an extra US$25,000 of income for her annually.

I would really appreciate some advice here. It seems that I should be able to lower my child support payments now. I don't think the intention was ever that I become her golden benefactor.

Any advice here would be very much appreciated - thank you!!

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad