Immigration lawyer needed

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by TonyWard 10 yrs ago
I have been requested to attend an interview regarding a period where I was employed by a UK company but spending a lot of time in Hong Kong on a visitor visa. This was over a 9 month period, and the UK company had a branch in HK. I was not employed in Hong Kong at the time but the wording of a document that they have states that I was "based full time in Hong Kong". The actual situation was more like half time in Hong Kong and UK. Additionally the document states I started full time work in HK around 3 weeks before the visa was apparently approved, and I subsequently became employed full time in Hong Kong by company.

Has anyone on here had a similar experience, and what was the outcome?

I have been recommended to seek legal advice prior to the interview. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer for an immigration issue, and their associated rates?

Thanks for reading/replying.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
associates 10 yrs ago
Thismatter can be VERY serious: it is a criminal offence to work in Hong Kong
without a proper visa endorsement…..you should therefore be forewarned that you
may have crossed this line and therefore need to prepare accordingly. The Immigration Department does NOT want to chat over a cup oftea!!!...they are interested in your complete signed explanation and you shouldimmediately enlist legal assistance BEFORE you give any statement or commit toa set of facts ….you must thoroughly review this matter and carefully answerthe questions with the necessary legal support without delay.

Weir & Associates
Solicitors & Notaries
16th Floor Tak Shing House
20 Des Voeux Road Central
Central
Hong Kong
Tel : 2526-1767
Fax : 2868-3568
Email : WeirLaw@WeirandAssociates.com
www.WeirandAssociates.com

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category