Dependant Visa - Setting up a Business in Hong Kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by iain68 15 yrs ago
I am currently have a dependant Visa as my wife is working in banking in Hong Kong. We move here in December last year and I have not been able to find employment, I also worked in Banking in the UK. I decided to train as a Personal Fitness trainer and I am looking at setting up a company to start a Personal Training business. Can I do this on a dependant visa and if so what is the best form a company/propriotership to set up.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
iyagul 15 yrs ago
you are eligible to setup business with your dependent visa here in HK. to start a business you have to select a location first. all the material for it than with in one month (after commecement date) you may go to inland revenue tower to register a Business. it will need HK$2600 charge. may be there some other license will be needed its depends on nature of business. i.e. if restaurent business need business registration + liquer license etc.

LaurieHK 9 yrs ago
Hi Iain68, I know this is a very old thread, but I am in exactly the same situation as you were 6 years ago and i'd like to set up my own small business on a dependent visa. Are you able to pass along any thoughts/experiences and possibly website links that might set me on the right path? Like you, I'm struggling somewhat to find the right info. Hope you're all set up and running a successful business now! Thanks in advance! LaurieHK.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad