Information Regarding Dependent Visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by HankinHK 8 yrs ago
I was recently married in October and we have a young son. The problem is he ISN'T my biological son. Immigration wants a DNA test and I have already stated I did one a long time ago and found out he isn't mine 'biologically'. I have known him ever since he was in my wife's tummy. He is my son as far as I am concerned. Immigration aren't giving us the dependent visa's for my wife and son at this point. Is there anything I can do so I can live with my family in Hong Kong? This is the right of every Hong Kong citizen is it not? I have my PR and am a civil servant myself but seems to make little difference. We are also expecting in May so want this to be cleared up ASAP. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scorpio01 8 yrs ago
if you are your wife are married, you wife will get sponsored by you and will get her visa and she can sponsor her son.

HankinHK 8 yrs ago
Thanks for the info! We already have my sponsoring my wife and son applications in. They are stalling on these so maybe I need to start another one just for her? It's confusing...

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
do it 1 at a time, if she is your legally wedded wife and kid is her biological son, it should not be a problem..

if doesn't work then apply for your wife, once your wife gets in, then she will apply for the son.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad