Visa renewal with new passport

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by dlloyd900 10 yrs ago
Hi all,

Need Some passport Advice

I am going to renew my British passport and was wondering what to do about the HK visa when my new passport returns to HK as it will not have the original HK visa inside it.

I hear that British passport authorities return your old passport with the front cover cut of in the corner.

If I bring both passports do HK immigration will they update my new passport with a visa?

Many Thanks

David

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 10 yrs ago
Bring the two passports. No need to do anything else. (They understand pretty well what happens when you renew a passport.)

SKIND15 9 yrs ago
Hi, could any body help with a solution based on the following facts:

What if a HK employment visa holder serves his 1 month notice period and just then his visa would expire on the last day of the notice period. The existing employer would have sponsored his visa otherwise but he makes a switch and he will be sponsored by his new employer. Question for the case:

1. What procedure needs to be followed? Does the "visitor visa process" apply here?

2. Can an offer letter be submitted to the immigration department stating that his visa will be extended by new employer w.e.f. next day of notice period? What other documents could be supported in this case?

3. What is the best way out?

PS: the visa holder also has a dependent whose visa too will be expiring on last day of the notice period. A practical solution is highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

SK

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad