Careless driving - Plea guilty for lesser charge?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by andrewpfl 9 yrs ago
I have a summons for careless driving as I "failed to slow down adequately at a zebra crossing". It's quite ridiculous, blah, blah, blah but it must have been a very slow day indeed.

I am happy (?) to plead guilty to the above offence but I believe the actual citation should be for "Failing to give precedence to pedestrians on zebra crossing" which only attracts 3 demerit points rather than 5.

Does anybody have an opinion on if I should attempt to plead guilty to the lesser charge? My guess is that if I plead guilty to a lesser charge then I must plead not guilty to the careless driving charge and stand trial with witnesses and everything which is probably not worth it.

Thanks for any insights.

Andrew

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
indiaboy 9 yrs ago
You will probably got 10 times more fine if you did not plea guilty. the evidence are all against you.
So better plea and get you fine striaght away.

mrcynic 9 yrs ago
Your question is impossible to answer unless you describe exactly what happened for the charge to be as stated.

asiaXdreamy 9 yrs ago
If you plea not guilty, usually it is not 10 times more fine. More, should be , but not that math.

There is no lesser charge you can face as the summons stated only 1 count of charge. You may approach the Police for particular of offence and read through it , and ask your legal representative the way to proceed. There are "ways" to deal with this and the penalty can be of manageable level.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad