Left HK with debt, can I be arrested on arrival?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Jamiehk 8 yrs ago
Hi guys

I was wondering if you could help me out with this.
I lived in HK for 10 years. Last year I lost my job and I had to leave with loan and credit card(s) debt in more then one bank. One of the banks I owe the loan and one of the credit cards rarely bothered me before I left but the other bank I owed one of the credit cards was super aggressive - calling, sending lawyers letters and even visited my flat. I only stopped paying this credit card a few months before leaving so they were after me day and night trying to get their money back. I assume these guys would be the ones taking the case further to court.
I have to return to HK to collect my stuff I left in storage, Im worried the credit card company has taken the case to court and I will be arrested on arrival.
How do I know if there is a court order to get me?
Cheers
J

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
castingasparagus 8 yrs ago
Arrive in HK and go through immigration.

Indiaboy800 8 yrs ago
In most of the cases if the amount is big and the credit collectors (Which bank authorized them to collect the sum on behalf of banks) will wait to build up the interest. Like 2-3 years. After that they still sending you the letters and phone calls. In some cases if the case is not the signed loan they give up. In some cases they do as 'small claims tribunal to attend the hearings'
In my view there will be no jurisdictions that without any court summons they can issue a arrest warrant on exit or entry. So i think you can go and collect your stuff.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad