MY COMPANY DO NOT PROVIDE ME WORK. LEGALLY WHAT CAN I DO ?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Sophiefoucher 9 yrs ago
Dear all,

Here is my issue, i am working for a company since 7 months, under a legal contract.
For several months, I haven’t more sound and image from the management, even after many requests that I addressed to the Direction to continue to strive my work.

This coincides perfectly with a net loss of activity of the company, and non-payment of orders for which I was responsible.

My manager should give me the tools to fulfill my mission, but for some time, the Direction is deaf

I am in charge of purchasing, I make buying during sales campaigns for fashion retail.

After my return from my business trip, without payment of those orders and without communication about the difficulty of making payments, I cannot work, and also my reputation is bad on my industry, as suppliers only complained.

So I find myself in a situation where my company currently does not provide me work or tool to accomplish my mission, which is contrary to labor codes.
In the long run, I'm in front of a wall.

Spending 9 hours per day in a chair with nothing to do, is not acceptable and also i am scared every month to not be paid, regarding the situation.

Of course, i am looking for a new job, but right now, I have nothing.

I am afraid also that my time off of office, can affected the situtation, but i am not afraid to loose my job, as is not going nowhere, i just want that legally, things are going in a good way.

Can you help me ?

I am European and laws are different. Here employers are more power.

Thank you.

S.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Greene King 9 yrs ago
Sophiefoucher,

Try and take a look at the situation from the employer's side, basically I see two possible scenarios:

1/the employer knows that they have business issues but are being nice to you and don't want to fire you (i assume you are still getting paid).

2/the employer is trying to 'manage you out' ie they want you to resign rather than they lay you off/fire you. As long as they are paying you and meeting other employer obligations such as MPF simply not giving you the work load you want would not contravene laws or at least you would fund it very difficult to prosecute them for something..

I think you will need to decide whether to hang on in there or leave, good luck, I am sure it will turn out OK.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad