English speaking hairdressers

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ukxpat 15 yrs ago
I've got a hair appointment with a hairdressers on HK Island but am apprehensive about the language barrier! I recently had a not so good colour & am concerned as to how do explain what I want. I'm a westerner with highlighted hair. Do most hairdressers in Central speak good English? Can you recommend any salons or in-particular a person? Im willing to spend upto $900.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
urscn 15 yrs ago
O2 Hair Studio on 38, Wyndham Street (tel: 2529-6289). All hairdressers there speak English well. I usually have my hair cut by David (he is a native English speaker). He is great! I am usually worried about where to go because I have curly hair (which is unusual for HK!) but I have never had any issue with my hair cut, colouring or treatment there. I would recommend it to you. The average haircut price is about $700.

Philip George 15 yrs ago
Dear ukxpat

I have over the years had to correct many expatriate clients who have had a mis-understanding

due to language barriers. Some of these hairdressers are in fact very good, but there is a world of difference in colouring asian hair compared to Caucasian hair. it is vitally important that the communication is clear and well understood. Also that the hairdresser has the required skill in dealing with the sensitivities of Caucasian hair types.

As I have always said, please feel free to make an arrangement for a consultation with one of our stylists, who will be able to give you the information you need and what options are available.

Best regards

Philip George

ukxpat 15 yrs ago
Thanks Philip George!

I actually visited your salon last week for my highlights & was very impressed. I'll be a returning customer.

Philip George 15 yrs ago
Hi ukxpat

Thank you, I did not know at the time that you had come in, I am glad you like your highlights, please let me know, if you ever have any queries on what you have done in our salon.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards

Philip

ShirleyR 15 yrs ago
Hello Ukxpat, I loathe going to the dentists, as well as the hairdressers.

Which is the worst! Possibly hairdressers, as once they have made the initial cut - incision - there is no turning back.

That's why I go to Phillip George, and o n l y him mind! He understands me. He helped me over the trauma and the lulu of all cuts just recently after I was savaged by a butcher for a trim of 1/2 "

I was anxious and distaught. He put me at ease, and I was more than happy with his cut, and genuine concern and interest with my problem.

He was also kind enough to offer to cut my fringe (complimentary) when needed.

He is a lovely man and a professional.

Philip George 15 yrs ago
Dear Shirley

Thank you so much!

Best regards

Philip

marielaisi 15 yrs ago
PHIPIP GEORGE SAVED MY HAIR, AFTER GOING TO 2 VERY EXPENSIVES CHINESE SALON.

I WENT ALMOST CRYING AND EVEN HE DIDNT HAVE ANY APPOINMENT AVAILABLE, HE WAS SO SWEET AND LET ME IN.

MY HAIR WAS BETWEEN GREEN AND GRAY, AND HE TURNED IT BLOND AGAIN

LOVE YOU PHILIP GEORGE,

I WILL NEVER GOING TO CHANGE YOU AGAIN!!!

PLUS

THE SALON IS BEAUTIFUL

GREAT MUSIC

DECORATION

REAL URBAN

PEOPLE IS GREAT

PHILIP GEORGE IS GREAT

HIS SWEET WIFE IS SO NICE

THEY PAMPER YOU !!!!

PLEASE DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE, HE IS A GREAT STYLIST AND PERSON!!

MARIELA

Philip George 15 yrs ago
Dear Mariela

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

If only you were in PR, I would love to hire you.

I am glad you like your hair (:

Best regards

Philip

Purple09 15 yrs ago
What is price range at PG. Can some one plz let me have the full address and telephone number.....really need to have a professional touch to my rough and dry hairs

Philip George 15 yrs ago
Hi Purple09

The address is 23rd floor. 1 Duddell St. Central. 25 243 143, talk to Mandy and she can help you set up an appointment with a suitable stylist. Cuts range from $900,580 and 480.

Regards

Philip

cd 14 yrs ago
Sai Kung has several hairdressers that are very used to cutting and colouring western hair, including Talas, Greenwave, Prowave and Grace Salon. I go to prowave, $450 for full highlights and cut.

deliran 14 yrs ago
cd,

That's great to hear! What kind of hair do you have? I'm a bit scared of going to local hairdressers as they have (without fail) all done that silly razor-cut to the ends of my hair that you see on almost every woman's hair here. This is a disaster on my fine, curly hair. I've been very clear that I don't want this, but it has happened at the end of the cut over and over again. Do the hairdressers at Prowave, etc. listen when you tell them not to razor the ends?

itsmeinhk 14 yrs ago
I've been going to Emmanuel F. for the last 5 years and I'm alway very happy.

He's french, had worked for Jacques Dessange and what I really like is that he'll really listen to you. His english is very good.

He's on Pottinger Street but is about to move to a bigger place soon.

good luck

cd 14 yrs ago
To deliran.

I have very fine, baby soft hair. The lady at Prowave is Chinese but brought up in northern England so very easy to talk to.

Also Talas is run by a very nice lady called Moj, middle Estern I think, perfect English, more expensive though, about $1500 for highlights and cut. I used to go to her, have never had a razor cut.

pandabearest 14 yrs ago
Paul Gerrard in central - Catherine

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad