Wifi/Apple Airport

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sjt 18 yrs ago
My current linksys wireless router is currently hooked up to Now broadband in the living room. However I am having difficulty getting a reliable signal in the master bedroom. I think the walls might be too thick or something.

Appreciate any suggestions to improve wifi coverage in my apartment which is 1600 sq ft. Thinking of getting the Apple Airport. Anyone has a good experience in a similar sized apartment?

Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 18 yrs ago
Better to have this on tech talk

matt24 18 yrs ago
Changing brands probably won't improve anything. It will be to do with where the access point located - keep it central to the areas you want to use it and as high as possible.

Having said that, there are some super-duper 3 antenna access points available from Linksys which might help improve the performance, I've never needed one.

There are also repeaters available which somehow recieve the weaker signal and resend it. They mount on a power point. Some people put them in the hallway where they are still within reasonable range of the main access point, and the device extends the coverage area. You could try that.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad