Wavy western hair. Need a hairdresser!!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by notyou 16 yrs ago
Help! I can't find anyone in HK who can layer hair. I want my hair to be able to be blown back from my fringe/bangs to my shoulders with some layers in between. The hairdressers all seem to cut hair perpindicular to the head and this works for flat Chinese hair, but it makes a total mess out of my wavy hair. I'm trying to find someone who can cut hair in a style which is not simply fringe and shoulder length hair. I'd love to hear from someone who has had similar hair cut in a similar way or who knows of a good Western hairdresser.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
kamm 16 yrs ago
notyou, I have sent you a recommendation via pm.

Janicka 16 yrs ago
Hi kamm can you pm me the details as well please....need a hairdresser as well...Cheers

Hongkong7 16 yrs ago
Try Ian or one of the other expat staff at the The Colour Bar in Central 25254228.They are very experienced with western hair

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
I hear good things about Salon Esprit at 100 QRC ( http://www.salonesprit.com/ ) and also about "The Hairdressers".

notyou 16 yrs ago
Thanks. Can you give me any specific names?

curly 16 yrs ago
I have curly hair and go to Lorraine at O2 on Wyndham street. Very happy with her.

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
"Thanks. Can you give me any specific names?"

Sorry no.

Sashimi Girl 16 yrs ago
i have been going to paul gerrard for years. all of the hairdressers there are western and western trained so they know how to cut western hair. it's on pottinger street. good luck!

community advice 16 yrs ago
Paul Gerrard advertises in this site as does Phillip George and The Hairdressers. They all have staff that can cut Western hair to a high standard.

The Community Advice Bureau (CAB)

Sarah1979 10 yrs ago
Hi everyone,

Hi Kamm,

I've just moved to Hong Kong and I'm looking for a recommendation for a hairdresser that can do wavvy hair. I've looked at some of the recommended hair dressers but they seem to be almost $100 USD just for a hair cut and my hair looks like a disaster after just a month or two. Was just wondering if anyone can recommend a place that is a bit more reasonable? Thanks for any info!

Sincerely,

Sandra

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad