IPL- Facial Rejuvenation

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by parisH 18 yrs ago
I used to have very good skin till recently where i get some pimples or little acne in hong kong. I did peeling but didn't see any result but more pimples. I went to see a doctor who recommend me to do IPL. Does it work? Anyone who have pimples/acne and done IPL with great success? Will you get a very good skin if you do IPL? Please advice.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Bambini 18 yrs ago
I find the pollution and humidity in HK makes my skin more prone to zits once I moved to HK as well.

I recently had a coarse of IPL for my acne breakout which has not helped,as IPL is better for skin rejuvenation or acne pimentation.

Peeling helped me only while I was religously using the peels every 3 weeks,but I broke out again once I stopped.I recently attended Dr.Image(Phone# 2833 2950) at causeway bay,and they have a longer wavelengh laser with helps with acne and acne scarring.

Otherwise you can consider oral medication first.

Jessdingding 18 yrs ago
Is IPL the same as soft laser? I was considering soft laser treatment for my acne, but was unsure of whether I would get any results for my money.

Meems 18 yrs ago
yes it works. But once you stopped for a while the acne comes back.

Jessdingding 18 yrs ago
How often do you need to have it and are there any places to get it cheaper out there?

Bambini 18 yrs ago
Every one month for a few times then twice a year is what Dr.Tam suggests for acne if you dont want to take medication.They have a soft laser,for acne that works better for fresh zits and charge 1,500 per session and can offer other suggestions as they are a dermatology center.

So far with the cream they perscribed for my acne along with the soft laser has improved my zits 50% after the 2nd session...with no recent breakouts....touch wood!

parisH 18 yrs ago
bambini

May i have Dr. Tam contact? thanks. I'm still not sure whether to do ipl or not. there are no guarantee altought it is very expensive.

Bambini 18 yrs ago
parisH,

The number is 2833 2950.They have a new Aramis laser that targets the deep dermis for fresh acne as well as acne scarring and can remodel collagen as well.

You are in luck because,I think they have a free intoductory trial period up til the 7th of september for the Aramis Laser only.Mention Dr.Tam for the free treatment though, as he works only mondays and wednesdays and are closed sundays.Good Luck!

parisH 18 yrs ago
thanks bambini.

justnew 18 yrs ago
May i know that does the IPL helps to clear the black heads and white heads?

Jessdingding 18 yrs ago
That's what I wanna know too

Bambini 18 yrs ago
justnew

IPL reduces pore size so can help with black heads but should be better for tone and complexion or pigmentation.

A non ablative laser that can shrink oil glands and reduce lumpiness around the T area above and below the nose.Check out the web site for Lumenis one first.

justnew 18 yrs ago
Thanks,bambini.

Bambini 18 yrs ago
Also check the website www.candelalaser.com,the "smoothbeam" laser I used at Dr.image for acne last week cleared the lumpiness and lessened the blackheads aferone treatment for $1,500hkd.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad