Beware of Scammers on AsiaXpat Classifieds

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by around_midnight 15 yrs ago
I recently listed a mobile phone for sale on the classifieds section.

Within half a day, a person with the user id 'liraharison' and email address liraharison01@yahoo.com contacted me showing interest. After a few e-mails, it appears to be a scammer from Nigeria. They get so far as to ask for your bank details to transfer the money to you. Then they say they have done so and send additional fake e-mails pretending to be the Bank of Canada with some BS about them having sent the money over to you (very obviously fake). They ask me to send my phone over to the following address immediately:

Name: Adigun Kayode D.

Address: No 13 general olukoko

City: Ogbomosho

State: Oyo

Zip Code: 23438

Phone number: +2348057511151

I googled this and found stories of similiar scams... http://scienceshareware.com/ebay/nigeria-scam.htm

I suggest the site owner looks into this, warn its members and at the very least ban this person's account.

(wanted to send this to site support but there's some bugs in the form and i can't send it)

Copied below are some of the correspondence e-mails i received from the scammer:

Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 01:02:29 -0700

Subject: Re:

To: xxxxxxxxxx

"Hello, is nice hearing from you, is a good price offer for 4,500hkd, i am buying as a gift for mylove and i am sure this will be a nice gift to make him happy....

The last time that i bought a laptop for him as well from hongkong for his birthday, i paid the seller transferred to his Hsbc bank account and it was safe and secure.... so i will want you to get back to me with your bank details, so that i can proceed to make the payment transferred to your bank details, i will want you get back to me soonest so that i can make the payment...

The information needed is your...

Bank name:

Name on account:

Account number:

I wait to hear from you soonest... I am sure this will be a nice gift to make mylove happy..... "

"Hello, how are you doing .... i have just made the payment now through my bank account, and i believe that the bank will have send you confirmation for my payment receipt confirmed with them, i will want want you to make sure to make the shipment today and ship through the ems, when you get to the post office just tell them that you will want this shipped through the Ems that takes 3-4 days for delivery ok.. cos that was how the last seller that i bought phone for as well shipped to mylove by ems.

Here is the link for the ems website.. http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/genresult..jsp

Thanks

Here is the shipping address to ship through EMS....

Name: Adigun Kayode D.

Address: No 13 general olukoko

City: Ogbomosho

State: Oyo

Zip Code: 23438

Phone number: +2348057511151

Thanks

I wait to hear from you soonest ok...."

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 15 yrs ago
Please provide the usernames and I will ban them

donrocks 15 yrs ago
This person is back as marykole2@yahoo.com watch out!

zandro 15 yrs ago
Here's another one....

re:ASUS G1S Bargain!

Sent: August 24/09 5:7PM

Hello, i am interested in buying your ASUS G1S, i will want you to get back to me and let me know if this is still available for sale, and let me know the price that you are willing to sell this to me, so that i can arrange on how the payment will be made soonest.

Thanks

Email me to: Maryhenez@yahoo.com

Email me to: Maryhenez@yahoo.com

net_girl 15 yrs ago
Hi..

I fell for this and am a victim of this scammer. I sent her my bank details before i figured out she was fake. What should I do? Should I close my bank account? Is there anything she can do with the details I gave her? Has she caused any problems for you guys? I was just about to ship the product. Thankfully, I found out about her before doing so.

cath42 14 yrs ago
I have just been scammed, but as I chose an account with no money in it,they cannot take any out.

Same story exactly except I was selling a necklace.Just looked up sites today, and totally pissed off.Mar is still trying at it is Dec 2009.Shame shame shame

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad