hkid and mpf

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Rashmisimi 14 yrs ago
Would like to know if there is any rule about withdrawing mpf and how it impacts your hkid card. I have a hkid and live out of HK. I have withdrawn my mpf... does that mean I lose my hkid? I do hope not.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
evildeeds 14 yrs ago
No. You are allowed to withdraw MPF only once, ever and to do that you have to prove you are leaving HK which you have. Should you ever come back to work again you will again pay into an MPF fund but will never be able to withdraw that if you leave HK again until you have passed retirement age. No effect on HKID.

Rashmisimi 14 yrs ago
Thanks evildeed. Wanted to make sure that hkid does not get revoked or anything like that... So it does not affect my status as a hkid card holder, in case I come back. I do know that to keep that option open one has to visit HK once in 3 years at least.

Digital Blonde 14 yrs ago
I think your MPF provider will issue you with a declaration form that you fill out, and the stinker I think is either that declaration or a letter which states your intent has to be signed by a notary.

So it costs a little bit to actually do.

Rashmisimi 14 yrs ago
Dipper, yes am talking about a permanent ID. Would not want to lose the benefits of having a permanent ID.

Digital Blonde 14 yrs ago
Can't remember what it cost.

Actually it was more a pain in ar*se to get done then anything else.

Statutory declarations notarised by a consulate or embassy as far as I understand it, is valid in the country that the embassy represents.

I think most common law based countries e.g. Hong Kong and Canada will recognise notarised documents of other common law based country's (at least I expect they will)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad