changed name

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by busyanna 18 yrs ago
Hi.. I'm just wondrin if someone could give me any information on rules , violations and punishment for changing names in Hongkong?

What should one do when got caught?

Thanks ..

Ann

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Thames 18 yrs ago
I think you need to be specific, busyanna/anna castro as no one can give you advice if we're not quite sure what you're trying to do.

feannainhk 18 yrs ago
LIke for example jenny ventura to joanna reyes.

Documents also different but same person.

Someone needs help on what to do to correct and what consequences she is facing when she try to

use the correct name. I would appreciate legal advices on this matter...

thanks

C 18 yrs ago
? get a lawyer to do it right and there are no consequences, you will pay for and get a deed poll with your new legal name.

Becs 18 yrs ago
what about change the name because of the marriage? Does the spouse need to go a lawyer? Or just bring the marriage certificate to the embassay/ immigration dept?

pzam 18 yrs ago
Becs, no need to go to a lawyer. You need to first effect the name change through your embassy. Then go to the Immigration Dept to change it on your HK ID.

throbbing 18 yrs ago
Yes, you can change your name in HK. If you are a non HK person as stated above you need to get your own country to sort out first, rules vary, then inform immigration of the name change. What you can't do is have a different identity deliberately in an attempt to deceive ie if expelled from HK try to come back as a 'different' person or to try to avoid paying off a loan - serious problems if caught trying to do that. Of course if there was originally a decipt then changing to the 'real' name raises questions...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad