question for ED.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by white rabbit 18 yrs ago
Hi Ed,

would it be possible for you to add a location search in the trading post section...

example:If I were looking for furniture it would be great to be able to look for furniture on just hk island, lantau or, new territories....it is quite difficult to sift through the hundreds of adds you have to find a location that is suitable for you to buy from.

thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 18 yrs ago
We have that ... see the entry page to trading post at the top - you can choose the district

white rabbit 18 yrs ago
Hi Ed, thanks...But I would like to browse everything that is for sale in lantau district...and I have to put in a key word like sofa,bed,fridge etc for the search to work.

Claire 18 yrs ago
Perhaps also a more discriminating search. Input FAN and you get loads of FANastic cars, items in FANastic condition, and lots of inFANt items.

beachball 18 yrs ago
white rabbit: No, you do not have to put in a key word. Like for most search implementations, you can enter wildcards such as '?' and '*' - e.g., if you select a geography from the drop-down box and enter '*' in the search box, you should receive all listings for that particular geography.

tmk 18 yrs ago
beachball,

Good point but I don't think the wildcards work. Yes, you are correct that if you put in a *, you do get results. However, all the results contain a *. Website hasn't returned all listings but only those that had a * in the listing.

beachball 18 yrs ago
Ah, so the wildcards are not implemented in this way.

Practical work-around in that case: Enter a single letter (e is the most common letter in the English language) and it should return (almost) every ad.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad