X'mas ideas?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
Hi there,

I know it's not even November yet BUT what with all the overseas post and all:

1) Are you sending any personalised gifts (baby-related stuff) to your family overseas? e.g. calendars with a different pic of baby every month? Anything more creative besides the usual personalised calendars and cards?

2) How to make your baby's 1st X'mas memorable, even though he is only going to be 10 months old? I see so many toys that I want to buy for him but I don't want to do over the top!

Hope everyone can share their ideas and plans!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
1. photobooks telling a story of your baby. Depending on where your family is, finding the appropriate website that can send it for you is important. for the US - I LOVE

www.photoworks.com

UK

www.snapfish.co.uk

there is another one called wwww.mypublisher.com - not sure about where they are based however.

ozdb 18 yrs ago
Wheelymate,

Like yourself, we also gave a lot of thought to how we wanted to make our son's first Xmas memorable. We decided that the best Xmas gift we could give him was to establish special traditions that we would carry out every year. We purchase a special ornament for him every year that reflects his age. We hope to give these to him when he marries so that he can continue the tradition with his own family. We also are making a point of having him give something every year. He is too young now, so we are selecting some of his current toys to donate to needy children. When he is old enough, he will help us decide ways that we can give back. Of course, we still buy him a few tangible gifts, but we hope that it will be the traditions we are establishing that will give him a good sense of what Christmas is about and how he can help make others' holiday special as well.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
thank you mums for the suggestions.

i was thinking i would be spending lots of money on new toys. but i love the suggestions on the meaningful gift. maybe what we'll do is to get one gift that will serve as a keepsake - a special X'mas ornament or a special book, etc. and other gifts - one from mummy and one from daddy...these will be fun toys! and definitely when he is older, we will try to teach him to help others and take all the old toys to a shelter.

HKCC: a photobook is a great idea! and if time is a constraint, my hubby will probably just make a DVD movie of all the videos we have taken!

hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
wheelymate -

photobooks do take a bit of time - but I start working on them early - start gather which pics I want, and the type of "story" I want to tell.

One year I'm going to give a photo book as a "story book" for each of my girls. I'll tell the story of their lives...something like that. Not yet though...

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
yikes...i am thinking it'll be too late now to start on photobooks.

i think we'll probably do a calendar for family. but for grandparents, i actually want to do something more durable. i found a shop yesterday that transfer photos to canvas...thinking of exploring if i can get them to do that and create a montage of sorts.

the "storybook" idea is fabulous!

hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
no no - it's not too late. just gather the pictures and limit yourself to about 10 pages. It's about finding the "story" in the pictures. The actual tedious part is loading all the photos to the site, so if you have time, just start uploading to whereever you're going to order from.

kodak Gallery also does really nice photos on canvas... as well as collages.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/CollageOverview.jsp

http://www.kodakgallery.com/SpecialtyOverview.jsp?

most places have a really nice "mini photo book" - no captions, just cute photos that you select. Wouldn't take much time in terms of "design" and layout.

spicegal 18 yrs ago
Ladies, for those in HK, fotomax also do a lot of gift products

http://www.fotomax.com/fmxweb/service.do?sub=4#IRE0000000203

I've used them before and they're pretty good and not badly priced

You have to go into their shops though - it doesn't seem as if you can do stuff online with them

bw 18 yrs ago
HKCC - any of those photobook websties ship to HK ? Or do you know of any HK based ones ? Thanks

tictactoe2 18 yrs ago
My first child (was only 4 months) received a sponsor child for the first christmas - I wanted to start on the right foot in terms of getting the priorities right

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad