Which Jet is most comfortable?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ldldjr 18 yrs ago
Not in the industry - just in planes. The interior configuration, not the basic jet determines the compfort. A sardine can is a sardine can, whether inserted in an airbus or a DC-3.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
I'd really like to pursue this line! My flight to USA is about 25 - 29 hours depending on connections and it gets really, really uncomfortable! Northwest airline coach class seats all sit virtually straight up, the headrest goes straight across so your head falls over if you try to sleep (nothing to rest against at all), and leg room so tight my knees always bump the chair in front of me! And that's an aisle seat! The advantage of NW is that it's really cheap and I can book online. When I compared NW this fall, it was 50% of next lowest price airline and I could book online directly at their web site.

TC 18 yrs ago
So they saved money on the quality of their passenger comforts and crammed more seats into the sardine can. Incidentally, you didn't say which sort of sardine can NW use for their long-haul flights. Not much to do with the new airbus though.

Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
I get the numbers confused, but it was a 777 or 757 jet. Configuration was three seats, then aisle, then four seats, then aisle, then three more seats. It's a hard trip no matter how you sit. Last year I flew business class and it was still hard.

mid-levels 18 yrs ago
If NW is still using B757 then the jet is pretty old. B777 can be quite new, means is newer the B757.

However the jets is not the point... the configuation and seats are different from airline to airline. Has nothing to do with the different jets at all. The best coach class (seats) you can find with Lufthansa (good connections to the US as well via Frankfurt) or Cathay coach class is also good even the service is better then in LH.

Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
LOL, yes it must have been a 777. The seats and configuration were definitely the problem, and perhaps only on trans Pacific from Tokyo (NAR) to Detroit and Minneapolis. I flew on NW's Tokyo - Seattle route last year and the seat on that plane was really quite comfortable. It had enough legroom and also a nice indentation about the head with a headrest that you could actually lean back into and rest your head against. The jet to Seattle was a bit smaller size plane. The Tokyo - Seattle leg was also a bit easier because I think it was only about 10 hours as opposed to the 12 or 14 hours to the middle of the continent. Those last 4 hours seem to be the worst. And then I stayed over a few days in Seattle before coninuing on the next leg, so had time to recover a bit midstream. But hey, my daughter flew Cathay Pacific two years ago and said it was awful! She felt the seats were really uncomfortable. And one of my friends told me never to fly Lufthansa? Perhaps it had something to do with flying through DeGaulle which she thinks is one of the worst airports in the world.

mid-levels 18 yrs ago
yep, try to avoid CDG in Paris. this is the worst airport atleast in Europe.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad