artist village shenzhen

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by conordec 18 yrs ago
its actually called dafen.... but you need to use this address

Dafen Painting Village, Buji, Shenzhen.

The suburb is Buji, I usually go to the shangri-la and ask thier front desk staff to get me a taxi, it's normally around 30-40 bucks... if you can print out a photo of the village and take that along even better.

http://www.68art.com/

Shen Hui Road, Bu Ji Street, Longgang District (龙岗区深惠路布吉大芬立交桥东南侧) <-- thats the address in chinese.

A good contact there is Sophie, great english, can transport for you if you buy too much at cheap prices, email is jingya8309@chinaacc.com (Shop is called Jingya)

good luck and let us know how you go.

perhaps print out this photo and take it incase!

http://www.68art.com/images/dafen/PainbrushScrupture.jpg

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Todge 18 yrs ago
Is that website a good indicator of the prices - or can you get the works cheaper if you actually front up there and buy them?

conordec 18 yrs ago
not really sure, i just posted that website as it had some info on Dafen, don't know them personally.

comes down to how many you buy, how hard you push etc. I didn't pay more than HK$350 for framed 36" X 48" some were bigger some were smaller.

theres a heap of different shops with different quality paintings so best to go look for yourself, it's a good half day browse etc.

good luck.

soul 18 yrs ago
I'm a westerner and been to this area in shenzhen.I went with my chinese buisness partner.

easy to get there but you dont feel safe ,almost wet myself waiting for transport back at the road side thanks to the local highway men(theives).There isnt any safe haven like a decent resturant or hotel.So my advice is only go there if u can blend well in this enviroment.

conordec 18 yrs ago
i've had no issues.

i'm western, but not huge.

looks like any other place in china.

my contact organises my ride back to lowu aswell.

angelbetty 18 yrs ago
Dafen's road are under construction. Many vehicles on the narrowed road so far. After May (Culture Industry Fair in Shenzhen). Its transportation will be ok

annebin 18 yrs ago
Planning on a day trip to Dafen on Thursday to browse through the artworks, and it looks like we'll be having lunch there. Any recommendations on a great place for lunch and coffee?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad